Prune d’Ente: best tasting fruit in America?

They take 5-8 years to fruit depending upon your zone. The closer you are to zone 9 a-b the sooner you will get fruit. My euro plums took 7 years to fruit in zone 7-a-b. My euro plums in zone 9- a-b fruit after the first year. (But I buy 3 year old trees).

1 Like

I will wait a few more years. I might plant Early Italian plum next to it this year. If it has no fruit for the next 3 years then I will remove it. @mrsg47

Your tree doesn’t look very happy, it is probably stressed and could be contributing to why it has not fruited yet. At six years of age, I would expect much larger tree, at least double the trunk diameter. I would analyze the soil around it and would keep a 5-6’ diameter circle around it free from other plants.

3 Likes

Good idea. I will give it some nutrition fertilizer next spring. Thank you Ahmad.

@Vincent_8B few questions on this plum. Did you plant a pollinator or did it self-pollinate, did you like the fruit and has any blooms this year?

1 Like

@Oregon_Fruit_Grow. Your question on D’entry 707 plum? Its fruit quality very outstanding. Unfortunately it having very few flowers this year. Its fruits small to medium size and very easy to crack when rainy weather. Ripping time 1st week of September in western Washington. And very long waiting for fruiting. I would pending on recommendation. Need more time to study on this plum. Below it picture today flower less than 5 percent on average for this year.(full bloom last year). Most of European plum partial self pollination. I am having several of plum trees on my property.

2 Likes

This French plum is excellent for drying and making Pruneau. Which are these prunes soaked in Armagnac for a year. I had and Ente and an Italian prune plum, they both took 7 years to produce a good crop of plums.

2 Likes

Those plums look yummy. Probably worth the wait. Thanks for the info.

1 Like

Which root stock is it on?

1 Like

Probably Marianna.

1 Like

I don’t remember.

1 Like

Current rootstock from raintree is St.Julien

1 Like