Reading the sky for storms

I wish that I had taken some pictures of the clouds 4 weeks ago when a “straight line super cell” storm hit the large oak trees in my front yard. It came across a large open field from the west after blowing the roof off a barn about a quarter of a mile away from my house. I had just brought my German Shepard into the house. I really feared what I would see outside after it passed. Wind was said to be 70-90 MPH.

3 Likes

No, what you’re referring to is condensation. The aerosol trails released by - some - aircraft are different. Condensation trails released by aircraft evaporate quickly, producing only a short disappearing trail; they do not linger in the sky for many miles and slowly disperse over the entire sky, staying their for hours or days. They are also not released by all planes in the same vicinity at the same time. When observing, you can see planes flying at all different altitudes and regions of the sky, but only some planes will release those long-staying trails, while others in the same regions / altitudes release only the normal condensation (dispelling the idea that it is condensation impacted by temperature).

Just a few of the articles put forth to acclimatize the world to the idea of this, while it has clearly ( to those that regularly pay attention) already been going on for a long time. ( and if the realization of it currently being done is denied, one can imagine how much worse the proposals will be… )

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-018-07533-4

3 Likes

@YumYumTrees

Cloud seeding for rain is excessive at times in states like California. They are desperate for moisture which i appreciate better than most.

1 Like