Rudolf’s garden fruits in Brescia,Italy

You are about three weeks ahead of me your peaches look great!

1 Like

I usually keep them about 3 inches(8 cm)apart,so they don’t rub together,as they grow.

1 Like

Theese are aprium not peaches! I will show you my peaches in the next days, they are still at flower stage ! So we are not that far apart!

1 Like

Do you have a source for these containers?

I buy them at my local hydroponic store, Gro power has nice ones to, h d with a large lip for easy moving.Have a few of those.Great for figs, like the squat containers for figs. Fifteen gl,s.

1 Like

This year, among many things, I also tried to graft for the first time. In this case some red fleshed apples. A couple just woke up, problem is, one of the few that did, is showing some flowers about to open … what should I do??

3 Likes

Don’t let it set fruit - pinch off the blossoms right away. I’ve made the mistake of being impatient to have a graft bear fruit and then having the growth set back years! There are sure to be some leaf buds that will keep the scion alive, and then it will grow.

Congratulations on your success. It’s a nice feeling, isn’t it.

2 Likes

Thank you very much! I’m going to remove the flower as soon as they open !

Could you recommend a site or nursery for buying interspecific fruit in Europe? For instance, I can only find Cot N Candy at one UK nursery, and I can’t order it since it’s outside of the EU.

Hi,
sorry for the late response,
Sadly the nursery i bought them from no longer sells them.
I have no idea why, i can see from a quick research that there is still a french one that sells some trees, although they are super expensive, like 60 euros each, which is not worth at all for 1 yr old trees.
Im so sorry, i might look more into it in the next days!

1 Like

Thanks for your reply, Rudolf. Which French nursery did you find? Any links you find would be great.