Scotts critter protection plans for 2023

Doh! This is why I posted this, thanks for pointing it out. It looks like I would need both + and - on the top, I see they sell stuff called shock tape for this. It also will be needed for squirrels who jump on it, they will not be grounded.

Same here. I ordered the ones I linked in fact. I was not planning on using any more but they are very light weight and relatively more durable than most of the posts I used. Only those thick metal ones lasted longer. The shreds are a total pain, I had to pick out fiberglass from my fingers several times.

I don’t think those things work very long. I invested a lot of money in motion detector sprinklers and they worked for about a month.

1 Like

You’re right about the weeds. What a pain.
I just got done tearing down my 60’ x 100’ deer fence. I had it for about 10 years. It served it’s purpose and the trees are big enough to make it on their own now. The bottom 3 ft of the fence was welded wire because tearing the plastic fencing from the weeds (especially wild rose) two or three times a year destroyed it in no time. I used the 24-in ground sleeves driven into the ground to put the fence posts in. Had to pull a few dozen of these out. In case anyone is wondering how to get those out of the ground, I made this pulling clamp out of angle iron and pulled them out with a T post puller and chain. Had to wrench tighten the clamp on each sleeve, kind of a pain.

2 Likes

Clever. Maybe not too bad with an impact wrench.

1 Like