Sha kar pareh white apricot

Ulises, how’d this one work out for you this year?

They were not that good.

2 Likes

I had just a couple. Small but excellent. I hope i can get it to produce more in the future.

2 Likes

Anyone care to be the tiebreaker?

2 Likes

Hi,

What did you use to pollinate this tree? I have mine in a row if apricots and it flowers profusely but I can’t get any fruit to set. Help is appreciated.

1 Like

Hi,

What did you use to pollinate this tree? I have mine in a row if apricots and it flowers profusely but I can’t get any fruit to set. Help is appreciated. Would Mesch Mesch Amrah pollinate it?

It takes several years before it starts setting. Once it starts setting it sets like crazy. That is my guess of your problem, but I hope you also have plums around as it might need plum pollen.

1 Like

Thanks :slight_smile: It’s about four years old now but this is the first year it had a lot of bloom. I do have many plums around but they’re about 45 ft away, I don’t know if that’s too far.

1 Like

I have not had fruit since then. It flowered like crazy but set nothing. Although…maybe it was a weather issue. It was very rainy around that time.

1 Like

Mine bloomed along pluots, pluerries, and plums, so the pollinator is unknown.

1 Like

I’m finally going to have a good crop of Shakar Pareh plumcots.

4 Likes

Mine are just starting to swell up here… It’ll be awhile. I’ll be interested if i get any set…i had zero last year.

Just wondering if you all have any updates on the Sha Kar? Is it starting to produce?

I have a 6 year and still bupkis. Healthy tree, 5+ inches at the base and no visible disease issues. Blooms like crazy, sets fruit, and drops 'em all when they’re the size of an apple seed. Any idea what can be causing this to happen?

Thinking of grafting next year. Since it’s a 50-50 plum apricot mix, can I graft either or would one work better?

Thanks for advice!