Show your photo of how you over winter your figs and trees

Here’s my version I made today of Scott’s aluminum backed bubblewrap fig envelope. Many, many staples along three edges and a box of ground staples with 20 bricks all around bottom edge. Then I mounded mulch over the edge. Before covering I put a cardboard box over the fig stems so they wouldn’t poke through the wrap. I split the two end joints about 5 inches so they’d lay flat on ground.

If I do this again I might try to make a tall cone of bubblewrap with just one long joint I can tape with Gorilla tape. And I’d use say 6 inch ground staples instead of 4 inch. And I’d do it December. I have three winterizing methods in place, will report in Spring. Thanks to everyone for tips!IMG_0117

Here in Maryland I see one 11 degree day forecast next week. That would be coldest so far this winter season. Am tempted to throw a second tarp over a couple young figs if that would help. Or just leave it to Fate.

I have 8 F in the forecast. Worried about my Chicago Hardy. It’s supposed to go from 44 during day to 8 at night. What a drop! Real feel -8. Brr!!

Temp is supposed to do the same thing here Saturday, I have my HC in pots though and inside, they are just now waking up , I was hoping they would stay asleep another month