SO Jujube or Sugarcane

I have eaten plenty of che in the past. I did not like them, thus I no longer eat them.

So you continue eating fruit you do not like?

Right, I remember you said as much about che, I was curious about if there were other fruits that in your view weren’t worth eating.

I haven’t grown any fruit I’d consider not worth eating. From the store sure there are plenty, but I feel like that’s not the same.

I eat most fruits except che, akebia and noni.
There are also some cultivars of some fruits that are subpar, like Red Delicious apples.

1 Like

I am pretty sure not everyone agrees. Red Delicious is still the second favorite apple in volumes eaten. (And I don’t think Gala can stay #1 for too many years…and CosmicCrisp or Honeycrisp never get to the pinnacle.)

People who buy Red Delicious apples are not buying them because they have made a careful survey of apple cultivars. They buy them because they are there, the same way people buy hamburgers at McDonald’s.It has nothing to do with quality.

1 Like

I can understand that.

Still, the numbers are that a very small percentile do the ‘careful survey’ you speak of.
(Similarly, I might add, it’s a tiny number that actually research to see if there’s any validity to the climate change presumptions.) (Or look into Creation vs evolution.) Careful and survey don’t seem to be in the vocabulary of your average F-book or X user.

And…no idea the number of years since I bought a hamburger at McDonald’s. Sometime in the last couple years I bought a fish combo…and
shocked to see it’s small size…more like an appetizer than lunch.

1 Like