Some Non-Fruit Spring Pics

This is growing just outside the bedroom and the fragrance is wonderful.I’d open the windows,but it’s still kind of chilly.Maybe on the next warm day.I just took some cuttings and put them in a glass of water.
Below that photo of the Lilacs is a plant that lives next door,a Wisteria I think.The smell is sweet but deeper,like honey. Brady

2 Likes

Nice lilac Brady…that sure looks like the old common lilac too. That is Chinese Wisteria in the bottom pic for sure. About a half hour from here is a gigantic one that a guy has in his lawn pruned into a free standing tree…probably over 20’ tall. I grew one from seed in my old place…they are super destructive near a house. They are classified as a invasive species in Maryland and West Virginia and probably most other states. They are pretty though.

Drew, what is the name of your jasmine? Thanks.

I call her Betty! :heart_eyes:
Tecnnically is not a Jasmine, but a Jessamine
Cestrum nocturnum

Brady,
I have lilacs and wisteria here too. We used to have a wisteria trained as a tree, it was awesome. But my dad one day cut it down! Now on a Mountain ash is a vine of the same plant. I want to air layer a piece and train as a tree. I tried rooting cuttings last year, didn’t work. The vine is small and has been hacked up by the neighbor.

Beautiful pictures! I can almost smell the lilacs through my computer screen! :smile:

Lilacs get more expensive every season. It is ridiculous!

1 Like

Bring on the fruit tree pics!!

May Pride peach getting ready in a few weeks (minor PLC - didn’t get my last spraying in, boo).

3 Likes

Fabulous!

Nom nom Patty!

I was just looking at mine the other day and was amazed how quickly their color is changing. Can’t wait…drooooooling.

I know! Can’t wait, they are close to ripening, yum!! :peach:

A little PLC but lots of healthy leaves to pump up those peaches. They look great!!!

1 Like

This is one of my most reliable peaches. May Pride. It is actually quite good for an early peach. Very sweet and juicy. The skin isn’t too tart, which I really don’t like. Hoping we can keep the critters out of the tree so we can enjoy them.

They look great Patty! Sizing up nicely. Your ‘May Pride’ looks to be a bit ahead of my earliest peach, which is ‘Desert Gold’.

A little spring display from my backyard last week !

3 Likes

Drew,

If you ever do a pruning for this jasmine and if you don’t mind, I would like to try a cutting, either trade, sale or SAS.

Tom

Very beautiful yard, Tom! What is espaliered on your back wall, is it an apple tree?

I will try and root a cutting. Right now it is cut way down. it has no leaves on it at the moment, so it will be this fall. Yeah I just pruned it a week ago and threw all cuttings away.

Thank you for the compliment.

You are correct. The background is a 6in1 espalier apple tree. The local bunny ate most of the bottom rungs 2 year ago and it’s still recovering. But the top rungs are finally give flowers this year! If things went well, I could have some Gala and Fuji this year!

Tom