Squirrels...@&$?

I can see that there could be problems, and that some people might not have their neighbors in mind when deciding to do such things. But I’m willing to bet it’s the type of regulation that is in place to use as needed for egregious cases. But that gets into the philosophy of regulation,doesn’t it? My concern is that it goes on and people should consider all the aspects, which you have added too.

I have somewhat less confidence in the ‘research’ done as a basis for such lawmaking. There is, for instance, greatly conflicting evidence that house cats are a dire threat to bird populations, built upon one study which has been cited ever since in the media and elsewhere. Obviously I live where nature is a constant presence, and I don’t do anything without careful consideration. If you have better ways to handle such problems I think most people would be glad to know.

I’m pretty well informed about the regulations in my state (Vermont). If you want to do more research please let me know what you find. The only fine I came across in my quick internet dive was in California.

I think if I captured a native little Red Squirrel I would release him on the spot. he can live here.

it’s the invasives that have taken over here, I’ll trap and release until the day I’m allowed to start eating them.

I do release them into a park where people literally go to feed them. for some reason they do that. they’ll get fatter there than here, certainly

1 Like

I’m fairly certain my wife’s sense of humor is not the same as mine on this one.

7 Likes

#@&$ Squirrels!
Seeing the young squirrels grow up all summer has made me soft and complacent…
My beloved persimmon recently planted was defiled by these vicious vermin!
Put the graft into a cup of water so I can attempt to graft it back on tonight. This will not be soon forgotten!