Strange weather will it get our blooms & fruit 2019?

Ive got to admit our weather gets stranger every year. Last year at this time we had 95 degree weather but lately we are struggling for highs in the 60’s. Last year we had extreme drought like id never seen in my lifetime and now we are living in nearly monsoon like weather.

1 Like

The water table is finally full again after the drought. You might even say its now overflowing and water is standing on top of the ground. It feels great to have water but grafting is harder. Its more like wading than grafting since almost all the ground has standing water.

3 Likes

Now that the drought is passed we are getting drowned with water! Once again we are seeing extreme weather as the rain is coming down daily for over a week. We are very thankful for this good fortune but im seeing fungus problems we normally do not with the fruit trees. Better to have water than to not have it!

2 Likes

What tree is this? Are you growing aquatic fruit, Clark?

1 Like

Pears and cherries @PharmerDrewee are showing signs of needing a fungicide. Soon it will be apples, peaches, apricots, and plums. With so much water the crop will be good but there will be a cost!

We are reaching the same flood conditions as 1993. I sure do love water and even in the form of floods im happy to see it. Tornadoes missed us lasr night but nearby Lawrence and other areas saw some damage.

Good to hear you’re safe!

Looks like Iowa’s gonna get it again

1 Like

Thank you yes Kansas, Nebraska, Missouri, Oklahoma, and Iowa are always right in the middle of everything weather related. Its going to be an interesting year!

1 Like

I prefer boring weather.

2 Likes

Had to drag out the hose today though all reservoirs in the area are full we have large cracks in the ground. Thankfully i planted the trees i planned to before the dirt turned brick hard. The 90+ degree temperatures are really cooking things!

3 Likes

We are getting rain but we are not out of the woods yet! The fruit is not in until its put away! Night before last many grafts were broken off and trees were knocked down during a powerful storm. Many pears were knocked off the trees! Glad i was not camping like so many are in this area!

My tree wind break has a couple of new holes in it!

3 Likes

WARNING WASHINGTON STATE!!!

There is expected 30 degree night time weather this weekend!

I live in Hazel Dell north of Vancouver, WA, as south as you can get in our state. We are to get upper 30s!

I have grapes just starting to taste ripe. Does this mean all need removed by Friday?

2 Likes

If there isn’t a frost,they should be okay.The low temps will go up almost 10 degrees into the week.bb

2 Likes

Whew! Good. No frost should be here with 39. I feel badly for those north of me; they expect snow.

1 Like