Suggestions, changes, what's working and what isn't so far?

I’ll eventually look into adding a zone. It will require programming though since its not something thats one of the configurable options. So, I’d need several days to figure out how the whole system is coded.

Having a using fruit category sounds like a good idea. We can probably make lots of categories; one thing nice about this forum format is those that don’t want to look into individual categories can just read at the top and see it all.

Scott

Scott…I’m a bit late responding, but I for one, think the background color is awesome. Does everyone else like it too?
Very easy on the eyes for me and this subtle shade of green seems altogether fitting and proper.

I am not finding threads I have started. I don’t find a way to quote earlier text, of mine OR others, making follow-up posts by others nonsensical.

“If” I’m understanding others posts, which have more of a cachet of command than offer, I am just not ready to take dormant scion-wood until I have a few flats of root-stocks ready.

I’m going to back out of here now, till it settles down or makes more sense to me.

Scott,

Great job with everything. You’ve given us all a wonderful opportunity
to continue what we all love to do. If I might add one suggestion, is the
ability to post a photo with your comment. I’ve tried doing this and the
file size is always too big. Is there a way to enlarge the file size?
Thanks
Ray

Ray,
I had the same problem and asked for help with it on this site.Here is the link:Adding photos to posts or look at the topic: Adding photos to posts.
I went with the one using Photobucket,because I use it already. Brady

Thanks Brady for helping me figure out how to do this. I never have
been able to keep up to date with my personal confuser.
Ray

Is there a way to tell which threads I’ve read and which I haven’t?

Thanks,

~emmers

Using an addon (Firefox/Palemoon) called NoSquint, I can change the background, and text color/size, to anything I want. I didn’t really like the green so I’m trying a medium grey background.

I would like to see dates added to the individual posts within a thread.

Also, I was surprised to find an email this morning (a test, apparently) sent because I hadn’t been to the site for a while, when in fact I visit multiple times daily. So that looks like a bug, or maybe just “in development”.

And it might be my browser peculiarity, but I find that I get a new listing in my History each time my cursor so much as touchs a post within a thread. Hardly anything to worry about, but curious.

Thanks,

Mark

Mark, at the upper right is how old each post/reply is. If you hover over it you will see the exact date/time.

That email was in error, I am in the process of moving the site and I put up an older version to make sure it all worked and neglected that the site would decide everyone was inactive because of that.

Scott

The date thing was a good point and even better that Scott pointed out that hovering over the time since post gave you the date. That’s cool, I hadn’t noticed that before.

Coppice

Whenever there is either a new thread or a new post on an exiting thread, I shows up when you first sign in and at the after thee last post in the thread you are reading at the time under “Suggested Topics”.

You can set your own preferences with the drop-down button for different flavors of notifications.

Mike

Thanks, Scott! I really love the site just about no matter how it’s packaged, so please, do whatever works best for you. My little points were just that: “little points.”

:-)M

Hey I put up an initial logo. Its not the greatest but I am sick of looking at the non-logo logo. My wife is a professional designer and hopefully I can get her to design something at some point.

Scott

Edit: well, I got sick of it pretty fast and took it down. We’ll keep the non-logo until I can get something decent, hopefully several options we can choose from.

1 Like

When i write a post with pics in it …the preview is almost impossible to see without first posting…am i doing something wrong? I move the little thing in the middle all the way up so my post takes up the whole page??/ I’m using IceDragon (i think its just a version of Firefox)…maybe browser?

Can you scroll in the window on the right? I just tried and I could see the post plus pictures by scrolling. It didn’t give me the scroll option right away but once I typed a bit a scrollbar showed up on the right.

BTW thanks for the hint on that thing in the middle you can drag up to get more room to type in… I hadn’t seen that and was getting annoyed at the small box I had to type everything in to…

Scott

Screen grab::

This is all i’m seeing of a post/pic… i can’t expand it at all. Not a major issue. I can always go back in edit after posting should there be an issue…

Hmm, that looks like a bug with your browser. But you also have some odd formatting… for an image just use

[IMG]http://…blah.jpg[/IMG]

The [URL] stuff in what you typed may be messing it up. I did try to type in exactly what you had in Firefox and I didn’t get that odd behavior so it seems like its a bug related to your particular web browser version.

Scott

I’ll try IE later and see what happens. Photobucket does some funky things with img links…i have no idea why all that is in there.

Its so if you click on the link you will go to the photo bucket page. Its not actually that odd now that I think of it… Let me know about IE and I will send in a bug report to Discourse folks. Please also let me know the version of IceDragon you are using.

Scott