Summer 2021 - Show Us Your Fruit!

It was green till it turned green plus little golden color recently. This is my first time harvest the fruits.

“fruit turns greenish yellow with honey-like orange flesh. Upright tree” this part matches to DW description

I thought it was supposed to be emerald beaut but read in this forum some where that emerald beaut is supposed to be emerald drop which is very confusing.
It total about 5~6 and all were cracked, damaged by insects then rot except this one made to the ripe

What is the size?

Look like my Euro plum called Pearl but Pearl is small.

I would say medium to large. Some of rot ones , the size is large Santa Rosa size or large flavor king size, they are all in the same tree. I looked at DW site about emerald beaut, the shape does not match. Mine is flat at the bottom not pointed

1 Like

Candy heart still hanging on the tree! Very good, I would say better than flavor supreme, not as good as flavor king. Emerald Beaut is 10 to 14 days away from being ripe. It’s edible, but not great yet.

14 Likes

24 brix large Empress plum plus Carmen red pepper

9 Likes

How do you rank Empress’s flavor compared to your other Euros?

Last year, the few I had were really good, top quality. This one was a little mushy, but the others on the tree seem firmer. They seem to set very heavy as well.

1 Like

Unknown raspberries. Seems a spray of Spinosad about three weeks ago has helped controller SWD. They are still around, but not as bad as they have been.

My one and only Rubinette apple.

A big Golden Delicious. I had about 10 of these. Not a great year for apples.

Victoria peach. Wow, they are buttery and smooth. Freestone and a pleasant surprise in late September. I hope to have 20 of these.

13 Likes

Does this look like Ashmead Kernal?

7 Likes

This looks like a Asian pear LOL

Look similar to mine but yours has more camouflage :grin:.

2 Likes

Maybe I picked it a little early. Came off easy. I only had two on a graft so picked one. Thanks
Yours has some red to it, mine does not.

Once you cut it up, you can tell its ripeness by the dark seeds.

1 Like

Mine looks like AK from Fedco’s.

It does to me. I tasted/saw/ruined a perfectly good rootstock of Ashmead Kernel at an Albemarle Ciderworks bench grafting workshop. (!) And theirs looked like this. My AK tree is still thinking about setting fruit . . . none so far. They are late bearing.
All your pics look great. :grin:

1 Like

Thanks, I got a bunch of a few apples this year. Not a great year for them, but the time for Rubinette, Ashmead Kernal, Chestnut Crab and Liberty.

We have another very nice Honeycrisp crop again this season…

17 Likes

those are some nice clean apples. i had some Honeycrisp out of Mcelwains orchard in Caribou 2 years ago… i didnt care for it but others have said they are a good tasting apple. too sweet for my taste. i got some Zestar from them 2 days ago. a nice juicy, large apple that was just the right sweetness. i also got some Sweet 16 that was very bland. i dont think they were fully ripe when picked.

1 Like

Those look 100% red in color. I never seen HC with that much red

5 Likes

I have not seen Honey Crisp with solid red like yours. Your location must get plenty of sun.

My HC has always been stripey.

8 Likes