Sweet Red Apricot varieties?

I saw some apricots today that I had never seen before. They were labeled Sweet Red Apricots, were pretty small but attractive so I bought a few.

I wish I had tried them before I left the store because they were very tasty. I certainly would have bought a lot more than I did. Going back for more is out of the question since I was five hours from home and leaving several hours before they open in the morning.

The card is standard credit card size for reference.

Does anyone have any idea on what the variety could be?? I would certainly try to grow some if there is any chance of it bearing in South Georgia.

1 Like

Never heard of it, but I would plant the seeds. The resulting trees won’t be identical but will probably still be pretty good and if you are ever able to source some scion wood for this variety you could use the seedlings as rootstock for it.

1 Like

The Arboreum sells Redsweet. I assume there are others though.

1 Like

I have a young red skinned apricot tree, i bought it for “Rubista”. This is the first year of fruiting but fruits are good, unfortunately they were damaged by hail and rain.

4 Likes

Those certainly look similar.
Thanks

1 Like

There is a red leafed, reddish apricot in Australia and/or New Zealand. I believe it was said to be a branch sport of ‘Redsweet’. Apparently it is also valued as an ornamental.