The most important element for success

Is PERSISTENCE!

At least in my limited experience.

Some years are balmy and the crops are great. Some years the hail beats the watermelon vines down just weeks before harvest.
Some years we get APRICOTS, some years the frost gets ALL the fruit…some years we still get apples.

Some grafts take, some fail.
Some seeds sprout…and some don’t.

Failure is as easy as admitting defeat.
Succees on the other hand takes lots of restarts, trial and error, and dusting off for another try.

I’m replanting persimmon rootstock…again.

Now that I don’t have to be the secretary…I have one less excuse!! Lol

The sweetest success is the one you earned.

Here’s hoping we all get enough back from our efforts to keep going.

I hope to be eating persimmons in a few years!

19 Likes

Sometime I read something that listed 7 keys to success.
Persistence is one of them.

(Having the appropriate goal, and having God’s help are important to success too, don’t you think?)

7 Likes

That is true as far as i’m concerned! We ate a lot of dirt before eating the first pear. I’m not easily dissuaded from a goal. Failing many times is part of success normally.

5 Likes

Living on the blessing side of Deut. 28 is the only way to LIVE. the other side is curses and death.
So, YES! Live so He prospers you. CHOOSE LIFE!

:smile:

7 Likes

Totally agree with you!!
I am reminded of something a couple of really smart guys said…

“I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” -Thomas Edison

You never fail until you stop trying .” ― Albert Einstein

11 Likes

Amen!

4 Likes

Those that think (or ‘hope’) there is no GOD…should PERSEVERE in searching for Him, for those that search diligently for HIM find Him … Jeremiah 29:13.

That’s a promise …

4 Likes

Patience. Trees need 4 things: water, sun, nutriton aaaaand time!!! They live at a different timescale than us

1 Like

Wild bush PawPaw is the only thing I have given up on. You can not transplant them. Caging gets knocked off. It is just fated I will never taste a ripe one…lol

1 Like

In the end, it’s not the years in your life that count. It’s the life in your years.: Abraham Lincoln Quote

Enjoy your pursuits and learn from your mistakes! Be thankful to the Lord for all of your failures when you benefited in knowledge that you now use.
What’s so special about Christmas you may ask? Can you name another person who came into this world via Immaculate Conception? That’s why we celebrate Christ, he gave all to save mankind, that spirit of giving is what Christmas is all about, Amen
Dennis
Kent wa

4 Likes

Amen.

2 Likes

Beautifully said!

3 Likes

Try to grow paw paw from seeds. This method will help to achieve your goal.

Tony

4 Likes

Getting the seed is another challenge to itself. Can it be picked green?

1 Like

Dig young sprouts after they leaf out…even if you lose half the root, they’ll live if you’ll keep them hydrated.
Don’t dig late fall though.

1 Like

@dannytoro1

Don’t give up it can be done in the worst conditions. Anything i want to do bad enough i will accomplish God willing!

2 Likes

Awesome. I have one bush surviving at the front property line marker. I’ve been removing all it’s competition religiously. I thought since it was exposed in a high traffic area; the critters would avoid it.

1 Like