Time to graft?

That is a very nice looking tree. Do you think the pears from the Asian market have more “pear” flavor than other Asian pears?

It is the crunchiest piece of fruit that I have eaten. Delectable sweet with a nice perfume like fragrance. I can 5 in a setting.

Tony

It sounds delicious.

I just googled Lanti Jululi and get no results Other than the garden Web thread. Are there any good sites that have information on it and are there scions available? Sounds delicious.

Only Scott and I got it from the USDA Corvallis free scions and just have to pay for FedEx Shipping. My already starting to leafed out. You can Google Lanti Jululi USDA Corvallis. There are lots of European, Asian, and Hybrids from the USDA.

Tony

1 Like

Something stumps me when trying to apply for plant material there.I think the last time,the question was something about what organization I belonged to.I didn’t know what to answer,so I stopped there. Brady

Here in the northern zone 5, I would use black up until summer. In summer I would avoid dark colors. I think the reflective material is only used in the southern latitudes.

I’m not sure about the bark temps at which actual tissue damage could occur. It would be nice to know. It might be that higher heat simply dries out the tissue faster. I’m sure temperature issues also depend on the species being grafted.

Brady

You are going to laugh at my organization. I put down Tony’s backyard orchard.

Tony

1 Like

Thanks for the info AJ. Every bit of help I really appreciate

Yeah…what Tony said. I think you could probably put down “Brady’s Towing Service” and that would suffice.

Derby

I am going to bark graft some of the pears and apples scions this weekend. The weather in the next two weeks will be in the upper 60’s and 70’s. I think your MIssouri weather should be warmer than mine. You should be OK to bark graft your giant pear tree.

Tony

Thanks for the heads up tony. I am off work Friday and I think it will be good time to get it done

How long is it going to take for dormate scion wood that is grafted on to show a take?

Derby,

Persimmon scions can take up to a month or longer. Apples and pears may take 2-3 weeks.

Tony

1 Like