Tomatoes - A colorful history

Funny I’m growing Blue Mystery! Well it’s a pepper
Sounds good! I’ll have to put it at the end of the want list.

1 Like

I think I am going to have to take a page out of your book and start growing more tomatoes, particularly in containers. I’ve got a growing shade problem in my raised beds (my own fault for siting trees in every open space I can manage…

Drew we’ve got to meet up at some point to summer. I know you go up north a bit, but I’m sure we can manage something.

Scott

Yes, here during the week, and the next weekend open I’ll pm you. I’m leaving today for up north.

Though I’ve lost the name to the years I wanted to bring up this little pink Amish tomato we grow because it’s a good one! It’s much pinker than it looks in the picture. Does anyone remember the name of this one? It’s pretty rare now I think. Hopefully you can see the difference in the bucket in their color against those of other tomatoes. Their shape is egg like and you can see a few regular round cherry tomatoes in the same bucket.

2 Likes

My Tomatoes are about as close to no work fruit as I get. I go for easy varieties and there are none easier than cherry tomatoes! Hard to believe this delicious fruit was once not eaten because it’s a nightshade. Sure glad someone tried them.

1 Like

As spring gets close, I thought i would revive this old thread. The history of tomatoes is part of the fun of growing them.

2 Likes