Weeds!

Those weeds do not bother me any longer. They are actually low and soft. There are many other varieties of weed plants that look much worse. Even the garlic mustard is not too bad.

A lot of the wild rose is gone. I leave some honeysuckles in the woods and they smell really nice in early summer.

1 Like

OMG, I have never gotten poison ivy myself but I saw my colleagues got it accidently when they were doing some yard cleanings. They all looked so miserable, and poison spread by just scratching the itchy spot to not infected areas. You must be really tough, or have developed some kind of immunity already.

1 Like

If you get good protection like wearing gloves, then you should be fine. We have poison ivy in the woods I cut quite some of them.

I learned of Broadfork’s a few days ago and bought one for 127.50 with tax from Lamwelding. I bought the 5-tine fork after learning about them from reading what anyone producing them said in their descriptions. I chose the 5-tine because I thought I’d still be able to use it in old age but because also my soil is heavy clay where I’ll be using it most. I’m prewatering in advance now areas I’ve staked to begin working the soil for when I have the plant ready to plant in each spot. I’m also going to loosen the areas I have marked for scionwood source tree-plantings. I searched until there was nothing more to search on the net about the broakfork sellers/builders for an adequate tool but at the best price. The reviews for this guy are outstanding. Red Pig Farm sells a 5-tine as well that has much better ergonomics to any other; however there are no different builds of broadforks otherwise whereas the tines go straight down / 180-degrees from the stepping point. You have to consider how high you want to raise your leg(s) to use the tool also - which equals tine length, ect- etc-

First the lady that motivates as well as demonstrates like a rap king’:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_crd4xGUio

I bought the Lam 5-tines to say once-again:

I like/visually see the ergonomics advantage to Red Pig Tools, design. If I were in the 280$ buying market or simply I had the cash flow, I’d of bought the 5-tine @ 14", but, I thought why not try another guy’s work and support another welder and for my current budget. At Red Pig Farm, he is a forge master and he welds and uses heavy-heavy steel. You can see it in the product… but this Lamwelding apparently uses some heavy duty steel, as well. I know I’m going to like a broadfork. I like to work outside, immensely. A broafork can also be used for the harvesting of root vegetables with ease.

I know someone growing 1/4" to 1/2" caliper American persimmon seedlings driving down 18" deep in one-season.

Perhaps, some immunity. I’ve gotten poison ivy…but usually on tender skin, such as between fingers. Probably from pulling it up (I almost never wear gloves).
But, my little brother is seriously bothered by it.
So, I can touch it…but the juice certainly can cause the rash on my skin.
If I feel pretty confident I smeared juice around, a prompt handwashing generally mitigates my chances of itching and scratching, etc. (And definitely no rubbing of eyes if have handled poison ivy.)

Sorry I can’t help it to share this sign that I come across in someone’s yard!

5 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

You know what my friends do? They raise several sheep to mow the weeds for them. They say the sheep work in wonder. Weeds get control nicely!

1 Like