What chemical suit should I get for spraying?

Looks a lot like what I had to wear in Vietnam.

3 Likes

So, is that you behind the mask? If so, I think that’s the first pic we’ve seen of you, Clark! Even tho, it’s not too revealing…

2 Likes

Yes, I get annoyed when the spray finds unprotected skin around my goggles, neck scarf and wide hat. I just think your get up is a bit over-kill for me, but I used to do the same thing- only with white tyvex. I have to spray under the full sun of mid-day- pretty much whenever it’s not raining or blowing hard for about 2 weeks of the season. Add another week and you have my schedule as far as spraying.

It was reading the statistics of the health consequences (rather, the lack there of) of folks exposed to much heavier doses of agricultural chemicals than I receive that I became somewhat more sanguine and retired the tyvec and the respirator. I am considering a full face mask. Goggles fog up too much and I end up not using them much of the time so I can see where the spray is going clearly.

Protecting trees, one way or another, can be satisfying. Glad you are enjoying it.

2 Likes

We’re just spraying fruit trees, honest.

7 Likes

In a windy place like Kansas you cannot be to careful when spraying.