What is good rootstock for North West Georgia, outside Atlanta?

As a matter of fact, I’ll be planting a pair of trees from 10 gallon pots…about 6 inches deep…and buying a Bobcat scoop of dirt to go around them in a fancy prominent yard in town tomorrow…because it stays too wet in that location for the type trees I’m planting. Later today possibly.

Think Mound.

Like this https://todayshomeowner.com/how-to-build-a-stackable-block-retaining-wall/

How many trees do you have?

Alternate suggestion, instead of using dwarf rootstocks, use something larger and multi-graft the tree with several varieties you want to try. Use center pruning to keep tree height under control and force the tree to spread out closer to the ground. Caution that if there are deer in your area, you want the trees to be above 7 feet to keep deer from eating fruit.

1 Like

Yes, did one of those this past May…built on it during the time I had the COVID virus as a matter of fact…short work days as I didn’t feel good at all.

Stone ones are also nice.

But, for one tree, a retaining not required.

10, mostly on various g rootsocks, two on m7.

Yes’ if I made one of those I’d use it for at least 4 trees. I have already made one, I should have raised it more than I did, yet it was still much better than not raised at all, between the slant and being raised!

1 Like