Where to buy Barbara's Blush (WS8-10) Persimmon?

Hey all,

Just got off the phone with Mr. England of nuttree.net. He said they hope to start shipping persimmons again Fall of next year (no promises though)! Unfortunately he had a stroke that kept them from doing any business for a good while, but he said he’s recovered well.

Until then, I was hoping to plant a Barbara’s Blush (WS8-10) but can’t seem to find it anywhere. Anyone know a source, or have a grafted tree they’d wish to sell?

2 Likes

Laugh of the day…tyty sells Barbara Bush:crazy_face:

Barbara Bush American Persimmon Trees For Sale at Ty Ty Nursery

2 Likes

I bought scion from Fruitwood two years ago.

4 Likes

They sell it, but looks like they might be out of stock.

3 Likes

I know I should have Barbara’s Blush scion this winter. I have no idea about patents on persimmon. You can send me a message in February if you need scion. I might have a BB or two in my stool bed. If so, I’ll send you a message. This will be their first winter, so no guarantees on survival through our winter.

3 Likes

Jerry Lehman did not put any restrictions on sharing his breeding work. Give to as many people as you would like. I’m happy to share when mine has wood to give.

3 Likes

Y’all are amazing!

It sounds like mature plants generally aren’t available so I’m thinking I’ll just grab a young H63A and graft a BB scion to it next year to make a two headed tree of the varieties I’m most excited about :slight_smile:

:laughing:

EDIT: For anyone wondering, this is the only place I’m aware of that currently sells H63A https://rockbridgetrees.com (as directed towards by Mr. England). Dax cleared up in a post that OGW does not in fact sell H63A.

3 Likes

This place has scions they ship jan-march.

https://peacefulheritage.com/shop/unassigned/persimmon-scion-wood-certified-organic/

2 Likes

@kybishop

Why not just get a few seedlings? Here are 5 for $30 which is kind of expensive. These are small so only one or 2 could be grafted. The $6 each does cover shipping as well. Then graft whatever you want on them. If you wait until spring you can get seedling rootstock for $1 - $3 each typically. 5 Live Persimmon Tree Seedlings- Live Rooted- 1 Year Old Plants | eBay . If your concerned about grafting them next year i would not be. Plenty of people on this site will help you learn to graft persimmon if you dont already know how already. There are many posts like the ones below

Grafting persimmons is common because of the savings made in terms of dollars and the diverse types of persimmons you can only obtain by grating. Here is a search to give you an idea Search results for 'Persimmon grafting' - Growing Fruit

If you wait around until spring the forestry service always has persimmon seedlings Trees - Bare-Root Trees - Bare-Root Deciduous Trees - Kansas Forest Service

2 Likes

This guy has just about every persimmon variety at $32 each but shows out of stock now. Lots of other nice things on his site as well…

2 Likes

Mike Hater posted posted on Persimmon World (Facebook) October 4, grafted Persimmon trees for sale.
H-63a was one mentioned.
$40 plus shipping.
No affiliation, just passing it on.

3 Likes