Which peach should I grow for canning

These are the varieties available at the local nursery. There are a few more, but they’re white peaches. I already have 2 white peach trees and I want a nice yellow canning peach. I’d prefer a firm peach that doesn’t get soft super fast, but flavor first. As far as I can tell, these are all freestone.

I’d really prefer to stick with one of these, because he sells them cheap :joy:.

Which would you plant?

Zone 6b, pretty much all peaches grow here just fine.

1 Like

Not on your list, but I may suggest flat wonderful peach. See my post about it Flat Wonderful - #14 by ukie

. Clingstones are usually used for canning. The more acidic the safer for canning. Clingstones usually are more acidic. I don’t know the other two but Red Haven is a semi clingstone. I never heard of the other two.

1 Like

my red haves are great and they are all seed grown from a grocery bought peach. They started producing the 3rd year and produced well the 4th year. I planted 8 trees and by year 5 I needed to trim back the 4 peach trees that would be eliminated to make room for the permanent 4 trees. This way I got a good crop of peaches before the permanent 4 reached full size.

Red heaven is reliable and productive here, and has good flavor.

Never much cared for O’Henry flavor. Redhaven would be my choice as I have never grown or tasted the other two.

Red Haven it is! Thanks everyone.