How is your weather? (Part 1)

Got down to 55 this morning, somewhat cool for this time of the year. Only got up to 75 or so yesterday, a bit warmer today. The humidity has been very low, so perfect weather. But, upper 80s later in the week, plus the return of humidity and storms.

1 Like

95F/67F here right now…real feel 99F…

110F along the Missouri River in SD…lots of 100F’s across the state of SD, Montana, North Dakota and WY…

Strong storms here tomorrow as a strong cold front pushes through…big hails…maybe tnads.

1 Like

Dry! Dry! Cold fronts come thru, bring no rain

2 Likes

So true Lois. We’re due for rain after a rainy spring on Friday. Hope it doesn’t blow out.

Big storms rolled through last night but just caught the edge of where i live…areas just to the east had wind/hail damage… I know a few people who had car windows knocked out by hail. Was up to 96F before the storms rolled up…super humid…

Cooler and NW winds today…less humid. Low 80Fs the next few days.

These pics were just north of where i live…the storm dropped SE …

My wife’s cousin just paid off her car and hail took out the windshield, the moonroof and did a lot of damage to the car metal.

dome of heat looks to sit over the N Plains for the foreseeable future…

5 Likes

Once again, the storms split and went around us last night.

We are edging into drought here, and I’m in the northern finger on the east side of Iowa in abnormally dry conditions.

I think we have had one or two mesoscale convective complexes all late-spring and early-summer. That seems a strange departure from years when it just doesn’t stop raining. Those seem to have been the norm in the last 10 years.

2 Likes

Drought closing in here, too

Storms to the right of us, storms to the left of us, but not a drop to drink [bastardized quotes]

3 Likes

Yikes, that is horrible. So sorry.

1 Like

I think she had just dropped her insurance to liability too. Man that would suck. Her daughters i think had a bunch of small cuts (they were in the car when it happened).

Looks like more rain tonite…maybe.

[quote]Hail and damaging winds are a
couple threats…but the main one may be heavy rain/flooding
potential. PWs climb to almost 2 inches for parts of se mn/ne ia
tonight with warm cloud depths around 4 kft. Very favorable for
heavy rain. The storms look to move fairly quickly, but some
training possible.[/quote]

Just in time for all my just ripening apricots to rot.

2 Likes

Can you bring them inside the garage.

Tony

1 Like

That is so sad. Mothe Nature can be one cruel lady.

1 Like

Send it here!

1 Like

In ground…I will bring nectarines.

1 Like

There is a mesoscale convective complex taking shape in SE-SC Minnesota. The historical trend is that these things will tend to turn towards a southerly direction as the night goes on. The models have us getting some rain, but we are towards the edge. Looks iffy to me as to how we have been going lately. I won’t be surprised to wake up to dry ground again. With rain falling about 15 miles to our north. :confounded:

2 Likes

Yeah… they can take that dive south. Looks good to move through here, but the real juice looks to be over by Albert Lea. That stuff behind the first wave might get you too…

https://radar.weather.gov/Conus/uppermissvly_lite_loop.php

1 Like

Getting some here - nowhere near enough, and the system is just passing out

1 Like

Looks like half inch here…it really fell apart as it approached. The lightning was nonstop…huge bolts. I cut my lawn yesterday so i’m glad something fell. Looks like more severe in the works for Tues…maybe.

1 Like

Well, I had to worry it into existence, but we got 1.33 inches. Woke up at about 2am as the lightning to our north started (begin worry session), and couldn’t get back to real sleep until 4am. Ugh. I haven’t been this worried even when we had frost coming. With the hose and in ground trees I never know how much water is enough/too much.

The rain came down in sheets with some wind, and I’m glad I took the time to support branches on my apples that needed support.

2 Likes

Some spots got just hammered. Kind of glad we got rain but not a ton.

2 Likes

Another heavy rain event in the works for tonite…

Parts of central Iowa this morning look to have had some precip. Des Moines shows about half inch.

1 Like