If you could only have 2 fruits to eat the rest of your life what would they be?

If you could only have 2 fruits to eat the rest of your life what would they be?

1. Sweet Cherries - the old classic sweet cherry taste bing, stella, lapins etc.

2. Lychee or acai i love them both!

The reason for the topic and my theory is that the body craves what it needs. When i eat fruit like mangosteen or jack fruit i feel great! I dont live in an area where i can grow those and they have vitamins in them i dont get enough of.

9 Likes

Peaches and Blueberries

And I grow both. Although I like about all types of fruit.

2 Likes

Banana and Avocado

5 Likes

Blueberries and Mandarins/Satsumas

3 Likes

Nothing better to me than a perfectly ripe banana and pineapple.

Great theory. My body craves and needs them to grow here on my private island right beside the coconuts and mangoes.

12 Likes

I have to stick with low carb fruits…

Strawberries and raspberries are very low on carbs. I could do those early season.

Blueberries and blackberries are low carb too… would need those to have fresh fruit longer in the season.

Even later in the season… watermelon and cantaloupe are both keto friendly.

4 Likes

Raspberries and euro pears

3 Likes

Peach and mango

3 Likes

@Exmil

I love mangoes, jackfruit, peaches etc. myself. I find it interesting both fruit you love and crave are orange in color. They are very high in vitamins https://foodstruct.com/compare/mango-vs-peach .
"
Mangoes are a better source of vitamins, providing 11 times more folate or vitamin B9, 6 times more vitamin C, and 3 times more vitamin A.

Peaches are a better source of zinc and iron, while mangoes are richer in selenium, calcium, and copper."

"

ALL NUTRIENTS COMPARISON - RAW DATA VALUES

|Nutrient|||Opinion|
| — | — | — | — | — |
|Net carbs|13.38g|8.04g||
|Protein|0.82g|0.91g||
|Fats|0.38g|0.25g||
|Carbs|14.98g|9.54g||
|Calories|60kcal|39kcal||
|Fructose|4.68g|1.53g||
|Sugar|13.66g|8.39g||
|Fiber|1.6g|1.5g||
|Calcium|11mg|6mg||
|Iron|0.16mg|0.25mg||
|Magnesium|10mg|9mg||
|Phosphorus|14mg|20mg||
|Potassium|168mg|190mg||
|Sodium|1mg|0mg||
|Zinc|0.09mg|0.17mg||
|Copper|0.111mg|0.068mg||
|Manganese|0.063mg|0.061mg||
|Selenium|0.6µg|0.1µg||
|Vitamin A|1082IU|326IU||
|Vitamin A RAE|54µg|16µg||
|Vitamin E|0.9mg|0.73mg||
|Vitamin C|36.4mg|6.6mg||
|Vitamin B1|0.028mg|0.024mg||
|Vitamin B2|0.038mg|0.031mg||
|Vitamin B3|0.669mg|0.806mg||
|Vitamin B5|0.197mg|0.153mg||
|Vitamin B6|0.119mg|0.025mg||
|Folate|43µg|4µg||
|Vitamin K|4.2µg|2.6µg||
|Tryptophan|0.013mg|0.01mg||
|Threonine|0.031mg|0.016mg||
|Isoleucine|0.029mg|0.017mg||
|Leucine|0.05mg|0.027mg||
|Lysine|0.066mg|0.03mg||
|Methionine|0.008mg|0.01mg||
|Phenylalanine|0.027mg|0.019mg||
|Valine|0.042mg|0.022mg||
|Histidine|0.019mg|0.013mg||
|Saturated Fat|0.092g|0.019g||
|Monounsaturated Fat|0.14g|0.067g||
|Polyunsaturated fat|0.071g|0.086g||

"

Consider this thread https://growingfruit.org/t/lets-talk-about-nutrition-and-health-vegetables-fruits-what-the-color-of-each-food-does/26883

Consider that carrots, egg yolks, cataloupe and other similar colored foods are highly nutritious.

6 Likes

@Podunk

You all are definately proving my point. Those are both very high in Potassium. Many people with leg cramps eat those like crazy.

"Avocados are a source of vitamins C, E, K, and B6, as well as riboflavin, niacin, folate, pantothenic acid, magnesium, and potassium. They also provide lutein, beta carotene, and omega-3 fatty acids. Avocados contain high levels of healthy, beneficial fats, which can help a person feel fuller between meals.
"
12 health benefits of avocado.

2 Likes

@TNHunter

Berries are very high in antioxidants and it sounds like your unlikely to get cancer eating those! Here is a chart showing orac content.

A few other orac charts from various sources above or mentioned on other threads

Content-of-flavanols-in-berries
updatedorac

2 Likes

Mango and blackberries for me, but it would be a close contest with pears, raspberries, peaches, blueberries, and pineapple.

3 Likes

@rubus_chief

Raspberries are one of the highest antioxidants of all. Black raspberries out rank aronia or acai and blueberries.

" Pears are a powerhouse fruit, packing fiber, vitamins, and beneficial plant compounds. These nutrients are thought to fight inflammation, promote gut and heart health, protect against certain diseases, and even aid weight loss . Just be sure to eat the peel, as it harbors many of this fruit’s beneficial compounds."

9 Health and Nutrition Benefits of Pears.

2 Likes

@krismoriah

I already mentioned how healthy bananas are but pineapple is very high in nutrients especially vitamin B!

1 Like

@Staziak

Hardly two better fruits to be crazy about!

1 Like

@Gkight

Those are both power foods! What could be higher in vitamin C than an orange? Blueberries are legendary antioxidants! I love both!

2 Likes

Meiwa kumquat Arkansas Blacking apple.

3 Likes

Raspberries and strawberries.

3 Likes

@poncirusguy

Check out the nutrients in kumquat. Apples have a little bit of everything in them!

3 Likes

Apples vary tremendously on nutrients from variety to variety

4 Likes