Members photos on Growingfruit

The missing daughter and her youngest.

Her children, my grandkids.

My 2 oldest sons, my Someone, and a few of the girls. Taken the same year as the pic in previous post.

Finally found one of my youngest son. Those are the two middle daughters with him.

21 Likes

Iā€™m all confused. Muddy, are you the grandma or grandpa? :confused: :grin:

After being mentioned in post #1, it took until post #83 to find a picture which both had everyone in it and had nobody making a face. In fact, I needed to request my wifeā€™s help in locating one.

28 Likes

Beautiful family Bob.

Tony

Interesting how many Asian and half-Asian families there are here. Come to think of it, it was probably my Chinese grandmother-in-law who turned me on to the hobby. How many of us are also engineers/computer guys by day?

Hereā€™s a recent one of me and the Mrs, and another from a few years back of my oldest child:

19 Likes

Trust me, every Asian wants to grow something to eat in the yard.

5 Likes

Me with my crew, about 2 yrs ago, at the eldestā€™s law school graduation. Iā€™m the pretty one in the middle, wearing glasses ;>)

17 Likes

OH, tractor envy, Murky.

2 Likes

Why I do not see any Asian guys with blonde ladies? :smile: Just joking, no flameā€¦

1 Like

Hah, RedSun, I noticed we have a lot of beautiful Asian wives, but not the other way around. Thought that was funny, too. Love our cultural diversity on our forum, it is so fantastic. It brings so many more great fruits to light.

2 Likes

I normally do not pay much attention to folksā€™ ethnic background, until I saw membersā€™ photos. Great!

In our town, Asian population by 2010 census was 26% Asians, and it must have gone up to more than 30% by now. As far as I know, most Asians have a backyard garden area, small or large. There are various online groups on gardening, particularly on Asian vegetables.

Just an observationā€¦ Do not want to side-track the thread.

I had a similar realization months ago. My own thought differed in that it was expanded to all couples with at least one member having strong cultural ties overseas. That included Alan, AuntMary, Alcedo, and Dennis1983 in my thoughts.

Iā€™m not sure of that one; however the membership has always appeared to be more intelligent, highly educated, and populated by a greater % of professionals than the general public, which I consider interesting considering that growing foods is generally an outdoor activity involving a good amount of physical work, dirt and sweat. My own family contains a good portion of engineers and others in STEM fields.

1 Like

Heh heh! I may have grandkids, but I donā€™t go by either of those names. They would make me sound OLD! :wink: :blush:

1 Like

What the photos in this thread proves is that the key to having beautiful children and wives, and to keeping men youthful, is to grow your own fruit. :smiley:

5 Likes

This is the latest but probably not the greatest picture of me.Iā€™m still healing from a little melanoma removal surgery.Have to watch that Sun.I guess people need a little grafting sometimes too. Brady

26 Likes

I donā€™t know if I can attest to that. My parents have 10 kids but 4 sisters, 6 sister-in-laws along with my dad, my wife and my own 2 grown children, none interested in gardening. Six of us boys, only 1 of my 2 brother-in-laws and my mom love gardening. So the ratio is 15:8.

Iā€™m sure weā€™re at the losing end here!

Tom

tjasko ā€œHow many of us are also engineers/computer guys by day?ā€

Well I canā€™t claim any Asian here but I am an IT Systems Admin LOL.

21 Likes

My wife and I both have chemical engineering degrees (neither of which were ever used) and work in IT. Development for me and app support for her.

3 Likes

David, with that group of handsome young Paul Bunyans, you have great incentive to grow all you can as well as you can Growing boys always seem to be hungry for more. Gotta keep 'em growing!

@tomIL - Not at the losing end - youā€™re at the winning end because the growers get the tastiest food, Also, I get 14:8 from your list. So, you are gaining ground without trying. :wink:

2 Likes

Well said Muddy