Members photos on Growingfruit

This is the newest family pic we have…my kids are a lot bigger now (this is a few years old). We have one coming up shortly once the leaves change color a little more.

I hate my picture being taken…most pics make me look like a serial killer.

22 Likes

I took the liberty of moving this thread to the Pictures category. Hope that’s okay.

Very Nice photos everyone. Keep them coming.

Tony

Computer Network Engineer - Cisco Stuff
I’ve always wanted to explain my handle anyway. It’s a Unix thing.

2 Likes

Good idea.

Here is me, my wife and two of our three grandkids.

I have been off line for the last week on vacation and I have just been catching up. I really enjoyed everyone’s photos they posted. A big “like” for the whole thread.

22 Likes

I 'll add my picture to this wonderfull string of members of this forum!!!

15 Likes

Bob, nice to see your photo with all the Kakis.

Tony

Love all the photos here. I’m almost tempted to “like” every one.

I’m definitely not in IT, but my wife moved from accounting to IT. I hope that counts :smile:

I did my one and only youtube video on thinning peaches this spring, more than enough of me, and shows all my goofy-ness in live action. I don’t have any later photos right now.

Here is a recent photo of my daughter and her fiance’. The RR bridge in the background is about 1/2 mile from our orchard.

Quite a good looking couple if I may say so.

21 Likes

You may because you are right.

1 Like

Olpea, they are a beautiful couple. I do find it amusing how they are each gazing in opposite directions from each other. Maybe you selected this one out of a subconscious fear of having to give her up soon :wink:

Forgive me, I am the son of a psychologist, I can’t help myself.

2 Likes

:grinning: :grinning: :grinning: LOL. They actually took dozens of engagement pictures and I only have access to two right now. I’m not sure why the photographer had them gaze in opposite directions for that one (probably for diversity).

I hope I’m not clogging this thread up too much with my daughters pics, but here is the other one I have. She said it was taken in the orchard, but you can’t tell it. At least they are a little more turned to each other in this one.

11 Likes

Beautiful young people. Its quite apparent that most everyone here is first and foremost a grower of fine young people. I know that for me thats where my love of growing fruit and other things sprouts from…I do it as a work of love for my family. Neat to see that im not likely the only one.

8 Likes

As a parent, I think I can say that I have much more confidence in my ability of growing fine fruit. :wink:

3 Likes

I’m working on getting a updated picture of my family to post which can be kind of tough when you have kids off at college but figured I’d post something so here’s yours truly at a state park in North Carolina

15 Likes

Here is me outback in the Pepper Forest this afternoon

19 Likes

Nice picture and garden!

@Chris_in_GA and @Moley - I had formed very clear mental pictures of each of you. Chris, you would have been too young to have college age kids in that image. The setting and lighting in your photo could be a studio backdrop. They are that perfect.

Seth, your face is just as I imagined it, but the hair is rearranged. I saw you as clean shaven with abundant hair and also in your early 30’s. Wow on those peppers and figs! The foliage on mine looks plain worn out and tired by this time of year.

Seth, those peppers are quite impressive. They look to be taller than my healthiest Carmens. What variety are they?

This pic is a couple of years old when I first started to graft apple trees. You can see why I use the handle greyphase. :grinning

15 Likes