Mishirasu Vs Drippen' Honey Asian pear

Here are the leaves.

This is not a dripping honey

1 Like

This was part of a 4-in-1 tree I purchased and not something I grafted. The more I look at it it looks very consistent with the photos of Mishirasu that are shown on all of the nurserys websites.

This is what my Mishirasu look like

2 Likes

Those appear to be round rather than oblong and do not look like they will russet. From everything I’ve read Mishirasu is slightly oblong and russeted.

1 Like

no sure of oblong, they are currently round. They are bagged, I took the bag off just to take picture. May russet late.
Although it is a grafted, the scion could be wrong too. I will wait till they are ripe

this is mines fruited first time! i doesnt look anything like dripping honey that i have seen online. hoping my drippin honey fruit next year image so i can compare.

2 Likes

Yours look like the real one

1 Like

When they are totally ripe the skin will be totally brown(russeted).

1 Like

That looks exactly what my Mishirasu looks like.

2 Likes

EDIT THIS IS Nijisseiki aka 21st Century

@IL847 Did you ever decide anything at all about your Asian pear, Annie?

My Mishirazu from the USDA:

What do you think, @tonyOmahaz5 ?

Mine photographed 8.8.2022 (Nijiseiki)

spelled with a z

Thank you

3 Likes

Looks good Dax. They will get larger.

1 Like

Kim’s aren’t round. I think her’s are right.

My Drippin Honey have been so small in size due to a drought we have had. I don’t think I would get any as squirrels are thirsty, too, and took a lot of my green Asian pears, not even close to ripen.

2 Likes

My book says that Kim’s are: ‘Short-Round-Conical’ and under that they say Bergamot. I looked up Bergamot and that’s how Kim’s is. I understand from above my pears are small and may still grow but I don’t know what’s going on??

Thanks

1 Like

@Barkslip

Those look a lot like drippin honey.

1 Like

Okay, I’ll keep an eye toward’s them. Thanks Clark

1 Like

@Barkslip

Im not really guessing as much as i act like i am. The stem is green. Note the round shape and lighter color. Confirm the leaves look the same im very nearly certain that’s drippin honey Drippin' Honey Asian Pear

Update:
no russeting

1 Like

Grapefruit sized! Impressive none to say the least!

I’ll look at it but it’s a real short graft and the leaves are not going to be true to morphology/moro"form"/size. Thanks…

1 Like

@Barkslip

Some years they can be very small as well if there are to many on the tree.

1 Like