Nadia Sweet cherry x plum hybrid

Nadia.

5 Likes

Oh yeah, variegated Nadia.

4 Likes

My Nadia tree and my Candy heart had some tips fire blight. I had to cut some off today.

Do you have some Nadia fruit on your tree?

Yes, about eight.

3 Likes

On the tree in container picture above ? And you also have one inground as well?

Beautiful, enough sun shine.

The one pictured is the one that was in the ground, but I decided to transplant it because I wanted to plant a fruitless mulberry there.

Yes, I have a second one in a pot.

1 Like

You must’ve had to murder the root system to fit it in that pot. Whats the current caliper of the trunk? Looks to be maybe 1.5"?

Woww, it’s a spectacular bloom

1 Like

Has anyone tried these things? Are they amazing?

I remember reading a similar comment probably 1000 or more posts ago saying something like, “This is the longest thread ever on a fruit that no one has eaten”.

Just curious (and amazed at the length of this thread)

1 Like

Yes I’ve eaten several. They were just an average small plum. But that was on a small newly planted tree last yr. Mine are starting to color up this yr so I’ll get another tasting in a couple months or whenever they ripen.

5 Likes

The problem is not a lot of us taste it yet, we’re so curious,.

There was minimum root damage when I removed it from the ground.

Since my friend’s Nadia died last year, I might give mine to him…

1 Like

Man…you are a good friend. I’d probably give them a $25 gift card and tell them to buy their own. Lol

1 Like

By gift I think @itheweatherman ment find a foster home so he has space for another tree

1 Like

But if he gets his own Nadia in 2018, he has to wait until 2019 for his Nadia to produce fruit, so if I give one of mine, he will have fruit in 2018.

He only has Sugar Twist and Sweet Treat Pluerries in his yard.

My Nadia lost all its blooms in our weird spring… 2018 should hopefully be a good fruit year. Unfortunately it will also be something of a stress test for how Nadia does in the mid-Atlantic with no care whatsoever as I won’t be able to provide any.