That Day Has Come

Hey now :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

That is a beautiful landscape.

Dax

1 Like

Best wishes to you in your new place.
May the family legacy outlast the trees you left behind, and whatever you plant where you are going grow fast and healthy!
I hope you all recover from the “transplant shock” rapidly, and your “roots” like the new location. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Thanks Jolene!

1 Like

Here’s to wishing well a young man and his young family on their new move. Fully expect to see you again. To quote a line from one of my favorite songs, "You can checkout any time you like,
But you can never leave!

3 Likes

@bleedingdirt just wanted to say i watched the video, it’s neat for me because i’m in a part of the country where i couldn’t grow 80% of the things you do and if I did, they would almost always be lost to frost. I really enjoyed it!

Thanks Dan. I could have done more but two kids took the steam out!

I am with @mrsg47, feel like to cry too! You have so many varieties of beautiful fruit! The new owner really luck out, they get to enjoy them.

1 Like

In the end, do you know whether the fruit trees contributed to the evaluation of the house by the eventual buyers? I guess it’s difficult to know for sure, but may be the subject of the trees somehow came up during their visit to the house or negotiations…

2 Likes

Everyone commented favorably on the yard. They all loved the fruit trees. They all even mentioned this in their offer letters. But I’m not sure how much of a $ value you can put on it. I actually didn’t spend a whole lot on fruit trees compared to home prices though.

2 Likes

That was seriously one of the most enjoyable videos EVER on growingfruit. Seriously, so fun seeing all those incredible trees. So green and healthy…I didn’t see a dead leaf or limb anywhere- as great as it was it sure made my trees look sad! ha. And that apricot! Are you kidding me? WOW! And the water landscape. I don’t care if I’m the 5th person to say it, those buyers are so lucky and probably have no idea how hard and how long it would have taken them to create that. I suspect it had a BIG part in the number of offer’s and how much they were.

If you will humor me, I have some Q’s!

1.) I don’t think I saw any peaches, do you not have any? If not, why? (Please don’t think I’m suggesting that is a wrong/bad decision-whatever the reason its of course fine, I’m just curious)
2.) Those tags you were showing were clearly just temporary. Did you do them exclusively for your video as a great way to know what you were showing, or did you do them for the open house/other tours so potential buyers could see what all they were getting? Great idea either way.
3) Was anything said between you and they buyer about you maybe coming back and picking some fruit or getting some scion wood? Probably not something either of you was thinking about when negotiating over hundreds of thousands of dollars, but if I was buyer I’d tell the seller he would be welcomed to come back and get some fruit-at least the first year. Others wouldn’t feel that way. Just wondering if you had any discussion of such things. (or maybe its all been formal offer/counter offer through agents so far with little personal interaction between you and buyer?)
4) I suspect this will turn out to be a dumb question when you answer it and I go back and look and wonder why I didn’t know from the video, but on the shot of the back of your house, where your deck is there is something that sort of looks like a screened in box attached to the house. Like maybe its a window-box planter, but it looks like it is enclosed with screen. Doesn’t look like just a screened window because it seems to protrude out a couple foot or so from the house. What the heck is that!?!?! :slight_smile: Again, its probably something obvious and the angle of the camera just obscures it a little, but I’m curious. Thanks.

But that loaded apricot tree…WOW!

sorry if I seem nosy! I just found it so interesting.

2 Likes

The closest I have is the Nectaplum. Almost all appropriate Peaches/Nectarines here are grafted to Citation which is a bad combo in my experience.

Yeah just for the open house. I have permanent soda can tags too.

No way, it’ll be way too awkward.

A kitchen bay window.

Way too loaded. I wish I had thinned a whole lot more. A big branch broke too!

Not at all. I’m loving your questions!

1 Like

I knew I was going to feel silly when you told me what the “screened in box” was but I feel sillier than I thought! HAHA. The glass looked like screen!!! i thought maybe it was bird protection from some window herbs or something. ha. And yea, it would be really strange to go back to your old house with people living there using “your” house and landscaping and then you start taking stuff. haha. Thanks, and good luck. Maybe you’ll luck out and find a place that meets all your other needs, your wife loves, AND has a good sized lot- but where you are I know that would be rare and/or CRAZY expensive.

1 Like

The Nectaplum had some give but wasn’t totally ready. I tried to leave it but it fell in my hand.

These ripen great on the counter but I ate it, couldn’t wait. Crunchy like an apple but it was so juicy and sweet. It’ll only get better from here on.

13 Likes

Any luck in finding a decent sized property with a new home option? :slight_smile: See how the property size came first? :slight_smile:

1 Like

So, after a long and drawn out closing and move, I’m out of the house for good. House search is going nowhere. No decent homes available in my target area!

2 Likes

Vinod, you will find a good house and soil very soon! I can feel it!

5 Likes

Thanks MrsG. You’re the best!

2 Likes

Time for an update. Signed off on a new home, funds clear tomorrow hopefully and keys the day after! Thanks all for your wishes!

15 Likes

Just in time for fall planting!

1 Like