What fruits did you eat today?

I’ve tried several ways. Don’t boil them with the pits in. They will fragment and you’ll never get all the bits out, except maybe with a food mill.

If I remember correctly, I let them get quite ripe and red. Rinse/clean the fruits and then squeeze them in my fist over a large pot holding onto the pit to discard.

I boil until soft, then zip them with an immersion blender and add a metric ton of sugar and cook down to desired consistency.

4 Likes

Bing cherries, they’re on sale for $1.99. I indulged and bought three big bags worth. They are nice and dark too.

2 Likes

I ate 2 type of mangos.
The yellow sweet and soft.

Greenish is crunchy and sweet tart.

A couple of sugar prunes.

Two Black Velvet Apriums- so juicy and brix at 26. Heavenly!!!

A handful of Bing and Rainer cherries.

Fruits DUI …

5 Likes

Those sound nice…!!

These look awful…!!

2 Likes

I ate Black Gold cherries from my backyard.

The brix was between 12-15.

10 Likes

Thank you, it is a good idea to squeeze them. A metric ton of sugar is a bit too much for me. :wink:

1 Like

Ate the first ripe apples yesterday and today. The variety is Susleiper, the popular heirloom in Russia. They are from USDA repository from last year grafts.

They are quite large apples. The flesh is very soft. They had good balance of sweetness and tartness in them and for the first apples of the year they were good.

9 Likes

We picked our first Killarney raspberries of the season yesterday.

10 Likes

I had some TangOs peaches for the first time. Not a fan. They’re so meaty and dense that I find it a little off-putting.

3 Likes

lucky bugger. mine are all fall bearing so i have to wait till’ august. might just start a new patch next spring of summer bearing. do you have any other cultivars of summer bearers ? my father used to grow lathams but I’m sure there are better varieties other than that now.

2 Likes

We just have Killarney…will be a very intense couple of weeks of ripening when they are more mature…but that should serve us well for our U-Pick operation.

3 Likes

Can I count the cherries in my amaretto sour?

2 Likes

I ate my first Loring peach yesterday. It had rained the night before, so it was a bit blander than my Harvester last week, but still good.

1 Like

Yay! Tippy, those cherries are beautiful.

1 Like

Bananas, raspberries and blueberries with my strawberry and French vanilla ice cream. Yum. Ripe Rainier cherries off my trees. Sunsugar cherry tomatoes. Going to have more cherries and a nectarine now

2 Likes

berries are in season,healthy breakfast for me

. Mulberry is still my favorite berry. My IE can never produce fast and enough of the sweet juicy berries

12 Likes

Also, picked all red lake current, some pink one, and few black current. I’m making current wine

Still fermanting

9 Likes

Picked few pounds of gooseberry before chipmunk got them. Made few can of gooseberry jam, yumyum good.

Picking the end off is a task though

9 Likes

Nice! What kind are those?

Label said pixwell

2 Likes