What is going on today 2017?

I don’t need to thin Geo Pride, as I only get about 6-10 fruit off of them, while I get 50-60 fruit with the Splash pluots. It is a multi-graft, so it is odd seeing one side of the tree just absolutely overburdened with fruit with the other two grafts almost fruitless.

2 Likes

I had a multi of Geo Pride, Splash, and Emerald Drop from DWN. All three required heavy thinning. I’ve had many Geo Pride trees. All required heavy thinning.

Maybe yours isn’t getting enough chilling.

Daily berry harvests are not super heavy but I renovated many of the beds cutting down canes and such. Still a rainbow of colors,

Gooseberries are ripe too, been picking for a week or so

21 Likes

Aprium watch. Any day now.

So dry there’s not a speck of rot.

3 Likes

Very nice looking berries Drew! Maybe you should go by @Berryfruitful. Stunning colors, enjoy!

2 Likes

Purty. Are those orange rasps your experimental cross breed? What are the other varieties shown? Looks like you have some nice blackberries too.

My wife is jealous of those gooseberries. Would the dark ones be Black Velvet? What are the pink ones?

2 Likes

Yes! Good eyes! They are starting to get bigger. This is the summer crop, the primocanes will produce a fall crop too. [quote=“subdood_ky_z6b, post:1829, topic:8428”]
Would the dark ones be Black Velvet?
[/quote]

You’re batting a 1000! Some say they are tart, but if you let them hang, they are sweet and tart, and one plant produced over a hundred berries. Extremely prolific, I’m sure they will make a great jam.
The pink ones are H. Red I think? It was supposed to be a Hin. Yellow, it’s the red I’m pretty sure.

Yes, a few blackberries ripe, most are still not ripe. Boyson is the reddish ones, and Columbia Star, and New Berry, and also Natchez (a few hundred still ripening). Triple Crown, Chester, Navaho, Lochness, Marion, Siskiyou and Burbank White are still immature, most at the red stage. Darrow, and Nettleton’s Creamy White have no berries this year. Tayberries, and Wyeberries are about done.

5 Likes

The Blue-Jays are going to wipe me out I’m afraid.

1 Like

Drew, the orange rasps look great!

1 Like

send me some! :wink:

Plums and more plums.

Flavor Queen, Hollywood, El Dorado, Mirabelle De Nancy are ripening.

The fruit is excellent this year.

18 Likes

Nice!

1 Like

I’ll try and get you a plant as soon as I can patent pending :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Everyone talks about Japanese beetle problems. I used Milky spores many years ago and rarely see a Japanese Beetle but I do have a problem with Oriental Beatles.

2 Likes

Hollywood - that won’t ripen here for 2 months

1 Like

Fabuloussssssss! Great looking fruit.

1 Like

For me Black Velvet is the least productive. It’s their second year fruiting so maybe it will get better. Maybe they need more sun than the others. They do taste better this year than last when allowed to get very ripe. I’ll be picking tomorrow after the rain stops.

1 Like

Maybe because it is root bound In a ten gallon container? I have found gooseberries don’t produce well till the third year, even if plant is big. Sometimes it is just unknown why? I have had people tell me that their euro elderberries don’t produce compared to American. Where’s my euros produce multiple times more than my American elderberries.

2 Likes

next spring ill have some shoots to return the favor ! going to start a new bed just for your cultivar!

1 Like

Picking Flavor Delight apriums

I thought at first the spring freeze had wiped them out, but there were late blooms at the tops that turned into fruit

3 Likes