4 scions from Cummins $33:00 shipping how much is to much

Jeez I don’t think I need these that badly. Shipping can’t have gotten that bad has it?

3 Likes

That’s ridiculous.

2 Likes

That doesn’t include handling fee of 5:00

2 Likes

4 scions shipped for $33? Lol

1 Like

try it here http://maplevalleyorchards.com/, i was able to buy the scion there 2 times cheaper

Boy, I guess I’m in the wrong business!

1 Like

Ordered 17 scions from Maple valley, shipping charge was only 12 dollars.
Ordered 18 scions from 39th Parallel, shipping charge was only 10 dollars.

3 Likes

Ordered 35 two year old bare root plants from Indiana Berry…shipping $34.00

I was ok with that.

2 Likes

If that doesn’t include handling shipping is 38 dollars. Did a billionaire buy cummins trying to get his money back?

1 Like

Ok that was with handling so 33 total and I didn’t even buy scions they were free

1 Like

Could it be a error on the website? I think this is the first year they have offered scionwood. Maybe they don’t have the small scionwood shipping containers entered in the system correctly.

1 Like

Interesting math they are doing these days on everything it seems

Mroots idea makes more sense, maybe send em an email

1 Like

I got a plum tree and it was wrong variety so they gave a credit.

That was an email from them showing my cost

1 Like

I’d email or call them and see what they say. If not i’d run away.

I would email them to verify. I’ve got an order in to them for 125 rootstocks and the shipping and handling is $27.

1 Like

First… I love Cummins.

However, the $5 premium for buying a single scion was insulting. I walked away.

I think it is insulting for you to expect one of their employees to cut, prepare, pack and ship a single scion for less than 5 dollars.

11 Likes

In @LTCider’s defense, it’s kind of a play on words and might push someone away but they also might return, but I agree with you, Paul/ribs1. Cummins calls it Handling

I ordered 19 two year old bare root plants and 50 asparagus crowns from Indiana Berry and shipping was 35.01. I ordered 7 bare root plants from Burnt Ridge and shipping was 28.00. My Ison’s order was 2 trees and 1 shrub (bareroot), shipping was 19.95. Gurnery’s was 2 trees and 3 shrubs (bareroot) and shipping was 21.99. Edible landscaping was expensive to me for what it was (4) 2inch pots and (1) 3/4gallon shrubs for 27.69. Not a whole lot you can do about shipping costs if you don’t live near a nursery that sells the plants that you want.

(Edit to say, I didn’t mean to direct this to you @RichardRoundTree I was trying to make a general reply.)

6 Likes

https://39thparallel.com/ has a ton of cheap scion wood. I believe the owner posts on here. I’d recommend them if you’re looking for pears or apples.

3 Likes