Aerogardens

They come with a dwarf cherry. I think it’s called ‘Redbird’ or something like that. Starting with the herbs is a good move.

Yes, hydro uses very little water. The aerogarden is pitched to the sort of person who has a considerable expanse of granite countertop in the kitchen, lots if shiny pots and pans hanging on pegs and an electrified pasta machine. I’m guessing that’s not you.

You aren’t growing illegal things and it’s summertime so you don’t have to buy a light.

I’d experiment with a lettuce raft. Go to home depot and get a tub for mixing concrete and a piece of styrofoam to fit. Get the netty pots and the truly excellent Maxigrow fertilizer at your local doper_supply store. Use a hole saw to drill holes in the styrofoam for the pots loaded with the growing media. Google up ‘Kratke’.

Mix the fertilizer to about 600 ppm, measuring with the ispring tds meter you got through Amazon for $16.

About three times the ‘acreage’ of Aerogarden for 1/3 the price.

If you like the results you can keep going with a $90 led light, a homemade PVC light stand and a timer.

I dunno about his kitchen, but the weatherman is quite a cook!

2 Likes

I don’t have granite countertops.

I also have the Aerogarden 3sl:
I planted a yellow Cherry-Tomato and Early Jalapeno.

Day 16!

1 Like

How’d the tomato and pepper plants do?

They outgrew the aerogarden, so I transplanted them. I transplanted the tomato outdoors, but the heat killed it.

I transplanted the Jalapeno plant onto a bigger pot and left it in my room next to a window and it’s going good.

I think I see a red one? I like to let them get red