Affordable and Effective Brown Rot Sprays

Sure. The inventory isn’t always accurate. Even if it is sometimes the items are packed away for return. I was also looking for some ceramic pots that were broken or missing.

Anyway, look for something out of season by category on lowes.com such as Moss Algae and Fungus Control and then filter by “Special Offers” > Savings.
https://www.lowes.com/pl/Moss-algae-fungus-control-Weed-killers-preventers-Lawn-garden/3292238786

You will see many items as Unavailable Online and these will have discounts that vary based on time on clearance and region. Some will have a # Nearby at another local store.

If you go back to Brickseek, and select the link for “Product # Finder” you can search by Lowes product name such as “MossEx Scotts MossEx 3-in-1 Ready-Spray, 32 oz” or some shortened version. You may want to search other zip codes within your driving range to see additional supply.

I hope this helps.

That conclusion was reached by some well known PHD Plant Pathologist for a hot humid climate like mine where it rains a lot. I don’t spray as much as the PHD suggest and my peaches are perfect. To be clear - I am not advocating that a backyard grower spray according to a commercial spray schedule. I am suggesting that that the effectiveness of the various chemicals as determined by these folks is useful. I have noticed that they seem to give more attention to expensive chemicals like Merivon and very attention to cheap chemicals like Tubcconazole.

It would be great if more chemicals were available in smaller packages for the backyard growers and labeled for such.

A gallon of Indar is over $300 which could last a back yard grower a lifetime. A much smaller container of Merivon is even more expensive and would last a backyard grower a lifetime too. I don’t see much difference.

2 Likes

Bonide has put the product back on their website, and vendors no longer describe as discontinued. Looks like the company changed it’s mind.

2 Likes