Amazon Pruner Scam

I think the marketplace may be the majority of their business now, like Ebay, started as auctions, but at least for me, it is almost all “buy it now” or “make offer”.

1 Like

I have tried posting some items as " auction" and it will not let me do this. I have called and told ebay this and they said they would tell the " IT" department about this" glitch". Yet it continues to not let me do an auction. I have been on ebay since 2004 so it is not like I am a new seller. Very odd.

Try getting a DVD rental from Netflix. I believe they are still offered, but quite hidden and a different program from the streaming.

WHY do some companies make it hard to do business with?

I thought I was giving a link to the supplier I bought mine from- a Korean company that calls themselves Home Depot Global. If you look you can find Japanese sources as well, but you have to go to purchase to find out where the seller is located.

Check this. It is a Japanese company that calls itself ACE U.S. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005Q4LU1I/ref=ox_sc_act_image_1?smid=A1Z5Y56S65RRZK&psc=1

Yes, that goes to Ace. Looks promising.

I wouldn’t be so sure about that link. At first it shows ACE US but after you add it to your cart and click on it in your cart it takes you to a completely different seller.

1 Like

We’ll see in a week or two… I’d like to have the real deal… @roth2000 if I click the item from my purchase history it takes me to a product listing from a Korean company now. I’m going to hope this “sold by” is correct and they come from Japan and aren’t fakes. :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Please let us know how it works out for you. I’d like to get a pair of these, the real one that is.

1 Like

Not when I just did it.

Is it Home Depot Global?

If I click the product from my purchase history it takes me to a listing from:

• Business Name:Bumhan J Global Co., Ltd.
  • Business Address:
    • Ilsanseo-gu, 63-3, Deoksan-ro 121beon-gil
    • Goyang-si
    • Gyeonggi-do
    • KR

My “order details” however shows:

Sold by: ACE-US [Product arrive in about 12days by DHL]

So I’m hopeful…

1 Like

There is no such thing.

1 Like

Are you saying you just ordered from that link. If so please let us know if you get the real deal. Maybe this will be your prince.

I think some of these companies appeal to the U.S. by creating names similar to ones existing here, but the business, nevertheless, is, I believe.

I’m saying that if it is a Japanese company the odds are very good it will be authentic. My order seems to have come from a Korean company called Home Depot Global and I think the odds are a lot better of getting the real deal from a Korean company than one in China, where the counterfeits we know of are made. China is more the wild west of capitalism.

1 Like

There is still no such thing as Home Depot Global.
Home Depot has NO global presence, and if an outfit
tries to play off the Home Depot name, it’s commiting a crime, and I hope HD sues the crap out of them.

1 Like

I’m not sure if it is illegal, I’m not a copyright lawyer. It would have to be illegal in Korea, I believe, and by adding the extra word… do you know Korean copyright law?

It should be illegal- I would agree to that. I think another company uses the Ace name somehow.

Pruners aren’t the only market Amazon isn’t enforcing.

2 Likes

Maybe when Bezos divorced his wife the settlement included the agreement that she’d get to keep the entire conscience for herself. Best business deal he ever made. I doubt they actually encourage scammers, although it’s possible, but policing all the vendors would be extremely expensive.

1 Like