Amazon Pruner Scam

I wonder if ARS does all component and final assembly themselves, in Japan. Or do they outsource any/all to any Chinese companies?

1 Like

My order has shipped ā€¦ from China.

Very good- all these toolsā€¦ thanks @alan

Post 85 I linked to this Telescoping Lopper from Barnel

Silky GomBoy Professional Folding Saw 270mm Medium Teeth. I put my own leather belt on it and used a 5/16ths Spring Snap Link. The saw cuts very well. Itā€™s better to be bigger I learned. Man did I saw! No more short saws, ever.

3 Likes

Dax,

Have you ever arm wrestled? I notice your forearms are cut.

The reason I ask is that someone Iā€™m very close to arm wrestles. I built an arm wrestling table for him (built together) when I had some time this winter.

I"m a big tall guy with reasonably long hands, and a strong grip, but my forearms arenā€™t chiseled like yours. Height is definitely an advantage in arm wrestling, but your forearms look envious.

Hereā€™s an arm wrestling table I built this winter for a very good friend, I think of as a son.

arm table6

I machined the hand pegs out of titanium.

Lots of machining for the flanges and to counterbore them into the wood.

Hereā€™s a small guy who was born with a deformed left arm (his tendons are attached with more leverage, like a monkey) wrestling the current right hand champ, left handed. The little guy almost beat the 6ā€™5" champ, despite over a 100 pound difference and a 10" height difference.

Sorry to interject an off topic post, but your forearms got my attention, lol.

3 Likes

There is another long reach lopper that is shorter and doesnā€™t extend, but it is even more my go to than the one you bought (slipped my mind because neither are everyday tools for me). The one you have takes more strength to hold up,- Iā€™m in good shape but am a light model at 160 pounds-5ā€™ 10", more climber than ground bear.

1 Like

@Olpea that was marvelous. Iā€™ve done it all and at high levels man. I play everything and better than excellent. Iā€™ll just admit. I was a judo champion; Iā€™ve been #1 at everything all my life. You knowā€¦

Now that little bastard has an arm, especially forearm like I havenā€™t seen before. That was boss indeed.

Best, thank you.
Dax

Appreciate you @alan. Iā€™m fine with this and I need more distance my-brother. Dax

@murky @disc4tw @rayrose @ctduckhunter

Amazon issues a refund when needed. Had no issues refunding counterfeit pruners shipped or not. Ars is aware of the issue now and where they are coming from. Click the shipment

Return or replace items

Inaccurate website description

Comment if desired

Ensure you ask for a refund and not replacement. If they ask you to ship them back I would say no Iā€™m not shipping back counterfeit pruners.

4 Likes

At least we SHOULD be able to get a refund, and probably keep a (hopefully decent) pair of free pruners for our troubleā€¦ Now to find the real ones that Clark linkedā€¦

Mine says shipped with YunExpressā€¦

1 Like

You potentially have enough natural talent ought to really take this to heart.

Arm wrestlers tend to be naturals. One is either born with pronator muscles, or not. Based on your past experience, Iā€™m guessing you have some very strong pronators.

Based on your humble PM, Iā€™m more convinced more than ever that you have more talent than you realize. I wonā€™t share more details of the PM.

Here is the recognized all time great of arm wrestling. John Breznk. He never weighed enough to fit the weight class of super heavy, yet he competed in super heavy and won super heavy for a number of years.

Heā€™s the guy who won the semi truck in the ā€œover the topā€ (1980s) movie popularized with Sylvester Stallone. Breznk competed and won against guys who weighed 80 lbs. more than him and more.

He is getting close to 60 years old. He canā€™t compete against 280-300 lb. guys anymore, but amazingly, he is still the top of his class at 220 lbs weight class.

Of course it takes a lot of training to be the pinnacle of the sport, but I suspect yours is the type of body to do that.

This is way off topic, I admit. But I love strength sports.

1 Like

@disc4tw

YunExpress is unfortunately the knockoffs.

The mistake I made was I clicked on past purchases from a reputable seller. With 100% certainty I was sure I have ARS pruners. Note the seller changed on the new orders. Be careful and thanks for letting everyone know @rayrose I donā€™t think this will continue for long.

Itā€™s tricky to make sure the sold by doesnā€™t change since the seller is incorrectly stating what they are.

1 Like

I looked up the company after the comment from @murky and saw that to my dismayā€¦ Iā€™m hoping for now that the knockoff is at least better than my old fiskars.

2 Likes

@disc4tw

Amazon is in the process I see of cleaning up the mess now. The sellers are switching back to japanese with 100% ratings on the ARS pruners. @rayrose did everyone a favor on pointing this out. This looks like the legitimate seller again. The bad part was there is very little difference in price between the good seller and the counterfeiter.

1 Like

He looks like he may have lifted weights and is bulkier than I ever was. I was what you would call ā€˜a lean killing machineā€™.

Marc and I wanted to talk life for a minute, guys.

Thanks for understanding ā€¦ if thatā€™s Ok with you.
Thank you

5 Likes

I just submitted a negative review saying the seller from China was shipping knockoffs. Maybe that helped too.

2 Likes

@disc4tw

Iā€™d be specific to the seller aka minkui but they will change names quickly to try to dodge the consequences most likely. The seller might be in China im not sure but some of the listings are done via the USA. Taiwan is not considered China by the people of Taiwan but they are considered China by the Chinese. There are signifigant differences. Amazon frowns on counterfeit items it gives them a bad reputation. It might be better to say our garden club is receiving non authentic pruners from taiwan not the authentic Japanese ARS pruners.

This information is important since we know they are coming out of taiwan. By the looks of the email below ars was already tracking them.

Went and found them on the internet. This is who was selling the knockoffs that we were sold on amazon.

Iā€™m really curious to see what they look like. I ordered 2 different models.

I can say Iā€™m happy with all 4 of the pairs I currently have, and the cheapest was a good price but still about twice what I paid for these.

Iā€™m looking forward to a side by side comparison.

2 Likes

If anyone is curious here is how you know now that we got that fixed. What doesnā€™t look right below? The one just setup today in the middle of the others kongtingus. See the ā€œjust launchedā€

Iā€™m not going to be buying from them. The others with good reviews that are located in Japan look fine.

I was curious so I looked at their profile since they have no feedback

More to add to this deal.

I Googled RenTrading Japan on Amazon on SellerRatings.com I got this result RenTrading JAPAN on Amazon.com Marketplace - SellerRatings.com

When I click on ARS HP-VS8Z pruner on the SellerRatings.com page reviewing RenTrading it takes me to a set of pruners sold byā€¦KontingUS

Iā€™ve been ready to order a pair of these off and on a few times since this thread started. Iā€™ll be damned if I can tell which pruners are knock offs and which arenā€™t.

2 Likes

@smsmith

This link letā€™s you look at all 21 sellers and their feedback plus location for the light duty ars pruners

Click compare all 21 options

You should see this and click see more on each one

My screens look nothing like yours. Iā€™m on a laptop.

1 Like