Another dead tree? 8th straight year no peaches

@patrick I got something similar going on. Here’s a pic.

1 Like

Few more pics of the tree as of today

1 Like

Susu don’t torture yourself. A lot of my buds on one peach tree looked like those (last year) due to a late frost. Enjoy your new tree and make a raised bed for it. It should work, you’ve had great encouragement on that front!

2 Likes

Undoubtedly the last foot or so from the tip is dead, and its hard to tell from those photos, but the parts closer to the trunk and the trunk itself still looks hydrated and has some color that makes me think there is still a small chance its alive. I’ve had dead tips like those and still had the tree send it new growth close to or from the trunk and the tree sort of rebuild itself. If you don’t really need that space, I’d let that tree stay and see what happens. Likely dead, but maybe not and if not you’d be able to take advantage of the established roots from the last year or two (forgot how old you said that tree was). Meanwhile, you have a good looking new tree and hopefully it will give you fruit in the next year or two. Good luck.

1 Like

Hmm,

Susu, some of that does look dried up in the latest pic. Still, like Mrs. G and City mention, there still could be hope.

I myself took a closer look yesterday at the 9 young dead peach trees I thought I lost. Now I don’t think it’s quite that many. Maybe 5 dead? Sometimes they surprise you. Fingers crossed for yours.

2 Likes