Any good Source of Inexpensive 5- Gallon Nursery Pots

I’ve actually tried and got the results posted above. But maybe the situation has changed in the past 3 years.

1 Like

The last 5 gallon pots I purchased was 2 years ago from Containers - Nursery

5 gallon currently list for $1.45 each. Shipping will add quite a bit to the price. I’m within driving range so usually make a trip in early spring to get any supplies needed for the year.

2 Likes

@Fusion_power

Just hit up a semi driver running back empty he will Haul them for cash. Moved lots of things across the country like that. Some heads turn when semis show up here. Put in double gates on my property for semi, combines etc.

3 Likes

Thank you everyone. I was able to buy 300 5-gallon used pots and 30 15-gallon used pots from a Landscaper in the area he even brought them to my house for $325 total. Best of all I get to reuse those and prevent them from going in the Local Trash Collection Facility.

5 Likes

For your next batch these are worth considering, is what I use for gallon plus sizes:

$16.95 for 25 bags. The plastic is super hard. I use the 1 and 2 gallon bags and I’m extremely happy with them.

2 Likes

I picked up these 2gallons this season 100 for $15.
Amazon.com: iPower 100-Pack 1 Gallon Panda Film Grow Bag Black and White Containers for Plants Potting Up Seedlings and Rooting, Square Shape : Everything Else

2 gallon background 1 gallon foreground an a 5 gallong fabric grow bag.

1 Like

And sadly they don’t have them in stock and I just picked 50 for $15.95.

I should cancel that order…

I suggest you return which ever version you don’t use. Hedge against shipping delays.

This was basically to keep a healthy level of 2 gallon bags inventory on hand. I should be good for now.

But I did pick 100 x one gallon ones. the last batch i ordered I’m sure were 100% the same thing but branded and thus more expensive.

due to covid to many things ended up living in 1gallon for 2 years. This time I upgraded to the 2gal

2 Likes

ill be going to these as my fabric ones go to crap. they work great but even the woven ones dont last more than a few seasons before they degrade.