Any good Source of Inexpensive 5- Gallon Nursery Pots

Does anyone know of a Supplier for 5 Gallon nursery pots that does not require a $500 minimum order? I’m looking for 100 looking to pay $1 each.

2 Likes

probably not what you want to hear but there are places like uline you can buy actual bulk 5 gal pails for maybe even less than $1 ea. myself i prefer 5 gal pails as they are easier to move around than nursey pots and you can get them in white to keep the plants roots cooler in summer. also more durable than most cheap nursery pots. someone bitches on how they look, get some funky colors of fusion spray paint and go to town! call it art. drill some holes for drainage and your good. my 2 cents.

4 Likes

I usually buy pots in quantities of 60 to 300. Twenty years ago I bought #5 medium grade black pots for $1.24 each in case quantities and the supplier was within driving distance. Nowadays the price is near $3.

3 Likes

5 gallon pails in case quantities from the southern CA manufacturer are currently $1.70 each.

2 Likes

If just for personal use, ask nicely at garden centers and landscapers.

3 Likes

1 Like

Menard’s 5 gallon bucket is cheaper

2 Likes

Their price appears to be 100% markup from factory price.

2 Likes

@Zone9Gardening

You won’t like this option much because people can be ripped off. You will need to be very careful but if you want that many its the way to go i think Exquisite 5 gallon nursery pots to Dazzle Up Your Décor  - Alibaba.com

1 Like

Not only with the seller and the shipping costs, but also with blow-mold vs injection mold pots.

In the nursery trade 100 is a small quantity.

3 Likes

@Richard

Yes most nurseries have a 200 or 300 minimum in that size. If they are ordered that way the savings will be 95% . If a person has more time than money they are willing to part with its great.

2 Likes

I don’t buy pots from nurseries. The factories I deal with will only sell whole cases. Most of the wholesalers want to either sell whole case or mixed case of minimum quantity.

In my present location I need Stuewe tree pots due to space considerations. I always order more than my current needs because prices have a tendency to increase.

3 Likes

greenhousemegastore.com

https://www.greenhousemegastore.com/elite-nursery-containers-cn--nce

If you find any five gallon pots for $1 you better let us all know……. $3 is closer to what is possible

With this company they have prices that cover a few or a case and shipping is reasonable.

6 Likes

The prices there are based on a full shipping container and do not include overseas shipment, port fees, import broker, import taxes, and shipment from port to you.

3 Likes

Go to the catalogue. A.M. Leonard Digital Catalogs

1 Like

I have purchused from Alibaba and Aliexpress and most of my purchuses have gone very well.

1 Like

Thats not necessary true. It of course depends on the vendor and product many ship items by retail carriers.

@lordkiwi

I’ve heard it both ways if I could order right now with confidence I would get much more from there.

We’re talking about the blow-mold pots in the link from clarkinks. You bought pots through those vendors?

There many vendors in that link and I have not purchased pots from any of them. But I will go on the record and still say the shipping will not be based on a container load.

When you want to start an order on Alibaba you que off a RFQ process. You will get lots of vendors contacting you and you will receive shipping quotes before you proceed. @Zone9Gardening will find a vendor with a reasonable price and shipping. Also when you find a vendor you think will work with you remember to browse there store for other things you need.

1 Like