Any one have Marianne rose?

It’s this one:

Rosa ‘Marianne’, Hybrid Gallica Rose – Dancing Oaks Nursery and Gardens

2 Likes

Its in Oregon!

1 Like

On your house? :grin:

I don’t have any Gallica rose, they don’t grow here at all. I bought a Charles de Mills and gave it away.

1 Like

ok thanks! :+1:

1 Like

I have read that this one, being a hybrid, does have a wider range… But who knows. I have seen someone on Helpmefind posting pics of it in San Francisco bay area. I’m not american, but it there isn’ t much winter chill there right?

This Marianne rose is one I’m in love with, but it’s nowhere to be found in Europe.

2 Likes

SF is actually colder than my area, so I think they can grow it. But I had Charles de Mills for months and it didn’t bloom at all. Most roses do very well here.

2 Likes

Your roses are beautifull! I’m always seeing them here… :grin:

1 Like

Thank You @Luisport

1 Like

They are really beautifull! I apreciate a lot to see them! :grin:

1 Like

I do I do I do!
Just planted it last summer. I wrote to Paul Barden and he sent me a starter plant. I also have his Allegra. I have stared at ever photo of Marianne and became obsessed!
I live in 6a Marblehead Ma and piled on the mulch and a placed a winter “coat “ on her.

4 Likes

Good luck!

Try to get on this HOUZ blog. It is a thread all about the Marianne breeder. He often responds! Paul Barden’s Rose Varieties Are Becoming Rare

2 Likes

ok i will try to contact him. Can i hask you if no success?
Thanks!

1 Like

This thread reminds me I do have Polka, I will plant it soon after the rain.
I do have Joyce Barden and Jenny Jennings from RVR. But stop buying anything from RVR, they sent me too many wrong roses.

2 Likes

Oh is Joyce related to Paul? I had a confusing time ordering from RVR last spring. The Marianne I got from RVR died and there were other mishaps.

1 Like

I think I talked to Janet and she said it’s his mother.

According to Paul’s latest post, he won’t have anything next spring due to crop failure.

“As for ‘Marianne’, I won’t have plants of it to offer this coming spring; I had a complete crop failure of cuttings in May/June, since “summer” started a month late here, and then immediately soared into the mid-90s, so all cuttings died before they could root. Maybe in the Fall of 2023 I will have a couple.”

1 Like

It’s definitely a beauty, so gorgeous.

1 Like

I signed on to Houzz to ask Paul if I can grow this rose in my area. I hope he will reply.