Anyone else getting a little frustrated with Raintree?

Pricey though…

I’ve never had any problems with Raintree, however I haven’t purchased from them after they started price hikes. They used to be reasonable but almost everyone is getting expensive these days.

Raintree has gotten to the point that unless you are only buying 1 or 2 trees or they have something not sold elsewhere it is getting harder to buy from them compared to other online nursery. Last season places like Bay Laurel and One green World were selling trees for 30 dollars. Bay Laurel charges 30 dollars for up to 3 trees for shipping and One Green World charges 20 dollars for shipping. Meanwhile I think Raintree charges 15 dollars shipping per tree, forces route protection (only costs something like 98 cents but still extra) and their trees are over 30 dollars. I would say their prices are about double the competitors at this point. You do wonder if they will price themselves out eventually. I have a lot of orders with Raintree this year still though. My first order came a week late and one of the pear grafts looked like it came at a slight angle. It was still within planting time for bare root trees and I just planted the tree at a angle so it grows straight. I had another order that was supposed to ship last week on the 25th. Hopefully it is just a week late again. Sadly they do not offer anything for shipping later than the expected ship date. In this thread people mentioned a receipt. I must say I don’t think my Raintree order came with a receipt last time I checked.

1 Like

trees closer to $60

I bought the winter before prices went up. Trees were in the $30 range then. They shipped two springs ago. I would buy now unless it was something I couldn’t find anywhere else.

That is the reason I bought from them. They were the only seller I saw selling Cascade pear and I did not see many people selling black gold on standard rootstock so that was one of my orders. My other order was a Warren and Comice. I could not find many other sources with Warren on OhxF 87 and Comice was declared fire blight resistant on their site. Not sure why others say it is more prone but bought from Raintree just in case. I also bought before their second rise hike of the year. They increased their trees to around 50 dollars at the start of the year. They later increased the amount to around 60 later in the year. Assuming all my trees come out of dormancy this year I plan to stop buying trees this year. I do only see going up in price even more as time goes on though.