Anyone growing Thai Dwarf Mulberry?

I can’t figure out the hardiness zone for this one. I know it opens up early like my White Pakistan, but I can’t figure out what temps it can handle while dormant. If anyone has some insight, I’d be interested. Trees of Joy had them available so I grabbed one up. I’ve been wanting one of these or the World’s Best that was being thrown around. I could never get a hold of the World’s Best, but I hear they are similar.

I have one that will be going through its first winter this year. It is growing like crazy right now and it is supposed to get down to 27 degrees on Wednesday. I am really worried about it. I don’t know what the absolute cold it can take in the winter.

Chad I have some World’s Best they are first year trees so it will be probably another year before I start propagating them. I will keep you posted.

I received my little rooted mulberry from Trees of Joy. With it being so small, I’ll keep it in my little greenhouse and move the sucker into the garage for any below freezing temps. Should be enough protection to keep the frost off. Well, hopefully. Do these things not go dormant? I thought it was a variety of Alba.

You can pull the leaves off and leave it in cool area. it will goes into dormant.

Tony