Anyone growing this apple?

After reading the links another time: seems like the artevos-Website contains an error. They say “The ancestor ‘Apistars’ was already known in Roman times …”

As far as I know this is wrong. The ancestor was “Sternapi”, or “Api etoile”, (it is still available in some nurseries), you can find this information in the wikipedia-article (only german, sorry). And here:
https://www.haeberli-beeren.ch/de/produkt/oktober/331/apistar

Also, “Apistar” seems to be a registered trademark. So this is the name of the new, presumably improved variety.

1 Like

My Apistar apple

3 Likes

Any chance of having saved some seeds from that?

1 Like

I don’t have this tree now… one storm take it down and i didn’t substitute because they are very small.

That’s a pity. I don’t think that Api Star, Api Étoilé or any other variety with this fruit shape is available in Canada, I’d have loved to play with some of its seedlings.

1 Like

There are people in US that have it… maby they can send you some scions.

Nope, I can’t import scions from the USA, but I can import seeds from pretty much anywhere.

Unless the Canadians are better at catching things coming through the mail unpermitted than they are at a lot of other things, you can probably get things from the USA.

I’m familiar some Ohio and Kentucky and Tennessee nurserymen that got things from Europe and Asia and never got the stuff quarrantined. It might be interesting to know the percentages…just as it’d be interesting to know just what portion of illegal drugs are confiscated and the portion that sneaks in undetected.

I’m a good law-abiding citizen. :upside_down_face:

But seriously, I’ve worked many years at orchards, I know orchard owners, I don’t want to introduce foreign pests.

2 Likes

trees of antiquity I just bought the tree today online from this website this is the website I bought my mirablle de Nancy plum tree they have odd fruit trees that re hard to find and also Raintree nursery

2 Likes