Anyone here using urine?

There is no law against squandering good gatorade? :wink:

Just make sure to zip your pants back up before applying it in the front yard.
JohN S

5 Likes

Iā€™m still amused by your post.

1 Like

Yes and my wife likes the fact that the toilet has no dribbles down the front. My plants and wallet like it to.

2 Likes

Hello all:

Am I the only one here to use urine to deter deers? Forget coyote urine, forget Irish Spring human urine is the only thing that get deers to ā€˜forgetā€™ about my orchard (and I have an 8 feet fence that they ā€˜force during winterā€¦)

If like me you are using urine to deter deers, do you have a ā€˜secretā€™ ingredient to get the urine even more smelly? What medication works best to make human urine unbelievably horrible smell? I used to take Lyrica and it would work wonders but now Iā€™m back to ā€˜regularā€™ urine and they are coming back in large number. Forgot to mention: this is a serious question nothing scatologicā€¦. Cheers. marc

1 Like

Thanks for the advice concerning deer. Might save me some limbs on my young apple trees?

Rotten eggs and thyme are two of the major ingredients in liquid fence. Iā€™ll be trying those this year.

1 Like

Are you applying urine as foliar spray?

I have not observed diluted smelly compounds applied at rootzone to decrease deer browsing leaves.

1 Like

Iā€™ve used rotten eggs for years, but also add a bit of the expensive stuff manufactured from hog blood. Stops them from destroying my trees but only prevents them from nibbling new growth for 2 weeks.

2 Likes

I have found that the more often I have sex, the more testosterone is produced and that really helps with deer deterrents. I looked up the topic and found that there is real science behind what I said.

3 Likes

Iā€™m late, so sorry if itā€™s already covered. What about scooping directly from a septic tank? Is that usable?

2 Likes

Should work really well for plant food.

1 Like

As far as human urine scaring off deer, Iā€™ve experienced the exact opposite. In fact, I use my own urine to start deer scrapes every year. I do this in locations I want a buck to pause and give me a shot. Deer (all deer, bucks, does, fawns) will investigate these spots quickly. Usually within a day or two.

3 Likes

Good Idea. My wife likes to get good still shots of deer for her photo albums.

1 Like

Never in a 1000 daysā€¦. Marc

Iā€™m confident that this is a controlled study and Iā€™m looking forward to you marketing your product as the sexiest deer repellent on the planet. .

That was 55 years ago. My urine is useless as deer deterrent now. It make great fertilizer. I have only stumbled across the research thanks to google.

2 Likes

Nope. Fresh from the body it should be downright sterile. After it has been contaminated with God knows whatā€™s brewing on the septic tank I would consider it a toxic biohazard.

1 Like

It makes sense that if we are a predator, our own human urine could work much more cheaply and conveniently than say, cougar urine. I would think that asparagus would make it bolder. I have noticed that when I eat chicken or turkey, I can smell it in the urine. Those animals have senses of smell 10x better than ours, so If we donā€™t like the smell of asparagus urine, think how they feel!

John S
PDX OR

1 Like

Perhaps a diet high in venison might infuse more repellent qualities into ones urine.

I will stick with my rotten eggs as a repellent, although I do like venison.

2 Likes