Anyone try these?

https://rainbowdepartment.com/products/electric-branch-scissors

2 Likes

They look pretty bulky to me, and I wonder whether the weight would get to the user. I’d probably pass.

1 Like

Only $6 shipping , may try them ?
They do look bulky
Good reviews on Amazon. At close to $300
Who knows may be junk

1 Like

I went ahead and bought a pair. Will report when I get them.

4 Likes

Pruner weight 2#, + weight of battery.

2 Likes

I watched Tony Demski demonstrate pruning for an outdoor Master Gardeners’ class at Brown County Extension in Green Bay, WI. The man could not walk, but he could dance around a fruit tree. He used electric shears powered from a backpack.

1 Like

Infaco (electrocoup) and Felco make the best battery pack pruners. Common among European vineyard crews. Unfortunately they’re around $2k.

We grew 11 acres of CBD/floral hemp this year. Prepping the dried plants for bucking has been KILLING my hand… cutting those dry, woody stems/branches, some up to 3/4" diameter… so we inquired around and did some searching for power pruners.
Bought one of these: Amazon.com

Works OK, and I haven’t yet run the battery down in a morning’s prep work. However, they are slow… I can cut/prep plants with hand pruners at least twice as fast - and did so yesterday, as I’d neglected to recharge after my last session - got through the plants much faster, but my hand was killing me last night.

3 Likes

Well you get what you pay for!!! It was a scam/fraud. I payed for electric pruners and received a pair of cheap Chinese had pruners worth maybe 5 bucks.

Now let’s see if PayPal makes it right!

1 Like

With a full charge, I’m able to prep pretty much all day long.
Fairly well pleased with the Scotts electric pruner so far.

1 Like