Anyone with experience growing Snowbank Blackberry?

Curious on taste, disease tolerance, yield, etc. I looked around online and couldn’t find anything. Thanks!

Bump

https://growingfruit.org/t/new-albino-blackberry/11551/23
I hear that they taste good but are small

My snowbank will be in year two this season in zone 6b. Hopefully it fruits and I can let you know. Everything I have heard is that the berry is sweet (~10% sugar).

1 Like

Excited to hear how it turns out!

Thank you everyone for the responses.

There’s a chance.

I grew it but pulled it… may do better in a better climate than mine

I think Polar Berry is more interesting.

Mine has been relegated to a pot. They grow to maybe 5ft tall and spread. When they started popping up 10ft away I knew I was going to have to do something. The taste is very sweet and subacidic. They are tart and unpleasant tasting if you pick them before they are fully ripe. Birds in my area do not bother them at all, but bugs eventually find them.

1 Like

The Snowbank blackberry plant is now completely loaded with flower buds. I’ll post another photo when most of the buds break.

1 Like

I really want this one, if I’m being honest purely for the novelty. I will buy it one day when I bite the bullet and accept I gotta pay 6x the plant price for shipping.

Anyway, only thing that stops me is a fair few places all use the same photo for the listing and on more than one occasion I’ve seen polar and snowbank have the same photo sometimes even at the same nursery so I’m not sure which one to get really. But snowbank seems awesome by virtue of being a Burbank creation.