Apple haskap medley pie

Ten varieties of storage apples from the cellar and a 1.5 cups frozen haskap for extra zing. A new combo that my son and I really enjoyed!

22 Likes

Beautiful!

2 Likes

Looks scrumptious! :slight_smile:

1 Like

That sounds and looks like a great combination! Ten apple varieties should have made quite a tasty pie :pie:

3 Likes

Awesome!

1 Like

Haskap really added a nice depth of flavor and zing, no need for lemon juice or zest. Plus that color!

1 Like

Can you ID those apples for us?

3 Likes

That looks AWESOME Jesse! Not sure how many other people know about this, but my mom uses a recipe for the pie crust that includes apple cider vinegar mixed with the milk you add. It makes the most wonderfully flaky crust when combined with crisco. I don’t think I’ve had a pie crust anywhere else quite like my mom’s. Even my wife grudgingly agrees it’s the best recipe!

2 Likes

Starting at 6:00 on the bottom going clockwise it’s Blue Pearmain, White Winter Pearmain, Pomme Gris, Ashmede’s Kernal, Black Oxford, Golden Russet, GoldRush, Winesap,

5 Likes

Hmmm…I thought that would do the trick, until I discovered 12 apples but just 7 names. :slight_smile:

So left to right across the bottom is WWP, Blue Pearmain and Winesap?
And the other three small dark apples must be Black Oxford?

Hmm…WWPM, BPM, other big one(?), Winesap(smaller one at 3:00). I didn’t take notes when I pulled them out of storage so can’t recall a few of them :grimacing:

3 Likes