Apple (fruit only) pictures from your backyard orchards, please

Arkansas black apples. We had 5 but ate one, not the best but edible. I’m going to put these away in the fridge for a while. We picked these off my Enterprise tree on Saturday along with around 50 Enterprise apples. Most were flawless and will be stored. Going to make sauce with the ones with marks.

15 Likes

Berner Rosen:

9 Likes

Looks good. Heard they keep a long time.
But Melrose is probably the best.

1 Like

Jonagold apples

6 Likes

Are you sure thats a Jonagold ? They aren’t yellow. Mine were always oversized and red with some green, maybe a hint of yellow.

4 Likes

I thought the same… i bought it as jonagold… :grin:
Do you think this is Golden delicious?

1 Like

Quite possibly, based only on its appearance. How would you describe the taste and texture?

1 Like

It does look like Golden Delicious.

3 Likes

Hi! It’s crunchy and not very sweet but very balanced acid/sweet

Thank’s!

Interesting. A ripe GD is often quite sweet with a honey-like flavor component, but they don’t tend to be especially crunchy in my experience. If picked a little green, your description might sound more accurate, but the ones in your photo look pretty ripe to me. Of course, California isn’t Portugal, so a GD grown there might well be a bit different.

1 Like

They have some differences. At least with those we buy here. They are pale yellow, a bit blush and just a bit russet on top and don’t have the sweetness of golden delicious.

There is a yellow jonagold, but it is rare. Maybe you have one.

1 Like

Hi! It’s good to know… by the photos do you think my apples are jonagold?

They are like this… they are round, pale yellow, small blush and very small russet on top.

My Jonagold were huge apples. Oversized for an apple you could make a large pie with only two. I have never seen a yellow Jonagold in person I just know they exist from reading. There are many varieties of Jonagold.

2 Likes

Thank’s! For now i think they are yellow jonagold apples because they are different than GD and they are very similar of those in pic.
They are great apples even if they are not jonagold.

1 Like

You can see photos of Jonagold here:
http://www.nationalfruitcollection.org.uk/full2.php?id=3065&&fruit=apple
Unlike Golden Delicious, they have a lot of red color.

2 Likes

Thanks. I will see it.

Blue Pearmain

25 Likes