Apples and Oranges

80 degrees here today, but still picking Lady Williams apples and Robertson Navel oranges. Sundowner apple is still a few weeks off in January.

5 Likes

Very nice harvest at your locale. We had a couple of snow falls already but warming up to 50s for the next few days. Crazy El Nino weather.

Tony

Beautiful Sundowners (I assume). We cant wait until our couple sundowner trees get to producing. Pink lady sure is a great fall apple here in Phoenix, tho it takes a number of years to get going.

These are Lady Williams actually, superior to its progeny Pink Lady in my climate. Sundowner is very nice also, both are quite productive. The harvest of Sundowner overlaps the blossom of Anna.

1 Like

Ill have to look into finding some Lady Williams wood, that a fine looking apple. Does Anna even defoliate naturally for you there in Riverside? Our Annas and Dorsetts dont bloom until February.

Anna and Dorset defoliate OK, Granny Smith and Pink Lady do not but blossom fine anyway, the new leaves pushing out the old. The only reason I manually defoliate anything is to apply dormant oil. Here’s Granny Smith blossoming and pushing leaves out from the old leaves. Dormancy seems to be a bit overrated.

1 Like