Apricot tree problem

Hi all, I’m relatively new to the fruit growing myself. While growing up, I spent every summer at my grandparents’ farm where I learned all I know about fruit trees, but I’m realizing that I did not learn enough about various diseases…
Two years ago I planted a Golden Amber apricot tree. The first year it did fine, although sometime mid-summer leaves on the tree started to wilt. This year the whole tree is looking pretty bad (see pictures below). This looks like fireblight to me, but I’m hoping someone can confirm. The disease spread all over the tree (top to bottom), so not sure anything can be done at this point, but hoping for any advice. Thanks for your help.

!

1 Like

More pictures

More pictures

Hi Petro,
Welcome to the forum.
Where is your location?Were there flowers and if so,did they die,without forming fruit?

I’m in a Philadelphia, PA area. Last year there were a lot of flowers, but no fruit. This year there was no flowers at all.

Fire Blight is usually associated with Pears and Apples and a few others like Quince,Hawthorn and Serviceberry.
I read about an Apricot tree suffering from FB in Korea,but that is very rare.
What’s bothering yours,might be similar to mine,Brown Rot Blossom and Twig Blight.

1 Like

I am almost certain this is Blossom Blight, which is caused by the Brown Rot fungus. If it rains during apricot bloom, you need to spray a fungicide that’s effective against Brown Rot; Daconil or Infuse for instance

1 Like

@Bradybb @Ahmad thanks for the tip. I’ve been spraying with copper every couple of weeks, but will try Daconil.

Copper is not effective against Brown Rot fungus. Also, it is toxic to green plant tissue, so don’t spray it during the growing season unless absolutely necessary, and at lower doses (as per label).

1 Like

I usually do not suggest Daconil because it has limited use. You cannot spray Daconil (chlorothalonil after fruit formed due its long lasting effect. (read the label).

This may be too late for you to use Daconil. Look for Bonide Infuse (propriconazole). You can use it after fruit formed.

2 Likes