Are all squash/zucchinis bland?

Looks exactly as Lebbroso Giallo. Yep, this one is tasty.

1 Like

That looks like a cool one! Hopefully it works out for you. I haven’t tried cucuzza yet; it’s on my ever growing list of things to try someday. Another thought I had for you is that some of the vining pepo varieties can be fairly tolerant of SVB if grown on the ground and allowed to root at the nodes. Long pie makes pretty good summer squash if I recall correctly. I’ve grown it under pretty high borer pressure by letting it root at nodes and excising borers with a sharp knife. But growing moschata is definitely easier.

If you have room for it to roam or a strong trellis, this is full season, highly productive zucchini. It stays dense even when large.
https://www.row7seeds.com/products/centercut-squash

I’m trying this one this year in my steamy zone 8a garden. And I may go back for the rugose butternut squash as it can be eaten at both the green and brown stage. Also, have you tried cucuzza squash? It’s actually an edible gourd that is used like summer squash and is supposed to have a firmer texture. I’m trying that, too, to save space up a trellis.

1 Like

I have not. It’s on my very long list of things to try someday. @HollyGates would probably be interested in your results growing the rugose zuccheta.